Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2007 06:32    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello all,

I have learned quite a bit from searching around these forums so thanks for all of the help in advance.

I do have a question that I have been unable to find via search, and its how to get the Read More link to link to a blog with more information, but not link to just the new information, I want it to display the whole post once somebody clicks the read more link.

Thanks

3 Apr 19, 2007 00:51

thanks for the thread, but it does not solve my problem.

When somebody clicks more I would like the whole page including what they already read to be displayed.

Is there a hack I can do to accomplish this?

4 Apr 19, 2007 01:47

Um... that thread does exactly what you're looking for. You're not mistaking the !NT for !M are you? !NT will never show what went before it on any page other than a multi-post page. The "read more" thing comes from !M, which points the page to the anchor located where the visitor already read to.

5 Apr 19, 2007 04:16

well it looks like I must have misunderstood the answer, at first read I got the feeling that you were fielding a different question, and you were, but a side-effect was answering my question.

Thanks, it worked!

one more: Can I also get rid of the [More:] in the middle of the post?

6 Apr 19, 2007 14:48

Yes you can. I'm assuming you mean in the middle of the permalink page, but it's all the same because it's all coming from the "content()" function in your skins/yourskin/_main.php file.

Check out http://doc.b2evolution.net/v-1-9/evocore/Item.html#methodcontent and you'll see all the parameters you can pass with that function. You have to have a value of some sort for everything leading up to the parameter you want to change, and they have to be in order. Assuming you want to change the "more anchor" text you'll be changing the fourth parameter, like so:

$Item->content( '#', '#', '#', '' );

That might leave your permalink page looking funny though because I'm pretty sure it will have an empty paragraph where the anchor was. If that happens you'll have to play with the third and fifth and sixth parameters until you have a properly formatted "read more" link with no "more anchor" text.

Form is loading...