Recent Topics

1 May 01, 2007 14:48    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Been using my b2evolution blog hosted on my own machine running opensuse with apache webserver for about a month now.

Just noticed that the e-mails for comment notification and e-mail address verification are not being received. I've searched on these forums and while it seems to be a common problem there doesn't seem to be any solution. They were sending when I first installed the blog so not sure what really can have changed

Can anyone help?

2 May 01, 2007 14:59

When the emails are not being sent (you mention receive) it is most often a server problem. The host may have disabled the php mail() function. This is why you won't find an easy answer to this problem on this forum.

If you host on your home computer, do check the firewall and virusscan settings.

3 May 01, 2007 21:59

Discovered problem is only with e-mails going to googlemail (which I use for my main mail). Not sure how to fix it though

4 May 01, 2007 22:03

Check your spambox within Googlemail. Do they show up there?

6 May 12, 2007 23:02

Resolved the problem. I was barking up the wrong tree with the googlemail thing.

Problem stemmed from me changing my hostname configuration on my linux setup. E-mail servers were not recognising the new hostname as being valid and so mail was being rejected.

Revised the hostname back to match my blogs domain and problem fixed :-)

Form is loading...