Recent Topics

1 May 08, 2007 05:37    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi Guys,
Lately I have upgraded to 1.10 and been also moved on the hosting servers.

Now, when I publish a comment from the backend and then try to go on the blog front end, I get the following error.

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
ini_set() is disabled! b2evo cannot adjust "unserialize_callback_func" for Session restoring!

This also happens when I try putting a comment on the front end and then try to navigate elsewhere. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Tejaaa

2 May 08, 2007 05:40

To add to this, when I get the above error, it is only the error that I see and nothing else on the screen.

The only way to get rid of this is to delete cookies on my computer and try again. I tried it in Maxthon and all is see if "HTTP 500 Internal Server error".

Hmmn, the problems are getting more serious now.

Tejaaa

3 May 08, 2007 11:04

ini_set() is disabled!

Check with your new host that you can use ini_set() ;)

¥

4 May 08, 2007 11:07

Thanks for the response Yabba.

What if the answer is "no" ?

Things were working very well till I did this upgrade.

Tejaaa

5 May 08, 2007 11:19

If the answer's "no" then I'm not sure what you can do apart from find a host that does allow it.

¥

6 May 09, 2007 05:20

Guys, any more help on this one? It is painful to have to clear the cookies every time I want to visit and do something on the blog.

Tejaaa

7 May 09, 2007 13:50

I found a file called _session.class.php which is linked to this file.

I think the comment does say that there can be problem with the session if it has special characters in the session ID.

Tejaaa

8 May 09, 2007 13:57

¥åßßå wrote:

ini_set() is disabled!

Check with your new host that you can use ini_set() ;)

¥

else
					{ // Some session data has been previsouly stored:

// Unserialize session data (using an own callback that should provide class definitions):
						$old_callback = ini_set( 'unserialize_callback_func', 'session_unserialize_callback' );
						if( $old_callback === false )
						{ // this can fail, if "ini_set" has been disabled for security reasons.. :/
							// TODO: dh> add this to "System check page"?
							debug_die('ini_set() is disabled! b2evo cannot adjust "unserialize_callback_func" for Session restoring!');
						}

¥

9 May 09, 2007 14:45

So, what did your host say? Is ini_set() disabled? Can they enable it for you?

10 May 13, 2007 02:45

Yabba, is there a way to suppress this error?

Is there any setting that we can change in session class file that will make the error go away? Can we change anything in the "Features" tab that will make the error go away?

Personman, Lunarpages are just not responding to what I am asking them. They are telling me that it works fine when they access it. I have again responded to them, let's see what happens now.

Tejaaa

Form is loading...