Recent Topics

1 May 13, 2004 17:43    

would be nice.

2 May 13, 2004 20:14

We should have "ping plug-ins" in .9.1

3 May 13, 2004 22:48

But don't you only need to ping geourl the one time? Isn't it a bit overkill needing to do it automatically?

4 May 14, 2004 02:03

In theory yes - one ping puts you in their database, but it seems they are being used for more than what they intended. I was looking into why one of my sites says I'm close to my other two but the other two only show one of the others as close when I noticed a domain name that had two listings in the recently added column on the main page. The text for the link was (effectively) "domain - post title" and the link was clearly bloggish - the .php?p= thing.

Geourl's main page speaks of a 'nice' MovableType plugin, and the double-linked domain is a WordPress site. I poked around WP's page and forum a bit and found where they are doing a default location and the option of a post-specific location for I guess if you are blogging while travelling. Their forum has a couple of people complaining that it slows everything down, but geourl seems to be way slow most of the time anyway.

So I thought well heck if WP can do it then B2Evo can do it better quicker cooler righter, not that I have a clue what the best way to implement it would be. I personally think the location-by-post is a bit overboard, but that's just me. I'd be happy with a ping that sends my domain name and post title with my location data.

5 May 14, 2004 17:44

I wish you spreaded things like "heck if x can do it then B2Evo can do it better quicker cooler righter" all over the internet :))

6 May 14, 2004 20:11

fplanque wrote:

We should have "ping plug-ins" in .9.1

well, so i have one question: why can't we build a ping system like MT? that would make it possible to ping every service anybody is looking for.

Form is loading...