Recent Topics

1 May 31, 2004 11:55    

I don't know if it's the way to say it in english.

It would be great that the comments appeared in a forum-like way.. So you could answer to selected users. In posts with a lot of comments would help a lot to be easier to follow them..

What do you think?

2 May 31, 2004 12:02

threaded/nested comments, yeah, would be real great B)

3 May 18, 2006 16:06

Yep, threaded or nested comments would be a nice feature.

4 Feb 08, 2009 02:06

It would be nice. I moved away from WordPress due to Matt's evilness, but the one feature 2.7 had that sounded really nice was comment threading (of course, I would have had to have changed my theme to enable it anyway). I think that may very well be my next project (now that I've gotten my Pavatar plugin pretty much feature-complete and stable).

7 Feb 09, 2009 07:53

That's because I don't code for wordpress :roll:

¥

8 Feb 09, 2009 08:51

¥åßßå wrote:

¥

And *that* dear readers is part of what makes b2evolution rock it so damned well. It also totally bloats the code but hey all great advances require a sacrifice of some kind... :)

9 Feb 10, 2009 21:06

¥åßßå wrote:

¥

LOL, good for you. b2's plugin system is much more sane (using OOP instead of an array of filters). Still, I couldn't get your threaded comments to work. I hacked and hacked at the code and eventually was able to show the page without errors, but the comments didn't thread.

10 Feb 11, 2009 11:30

These are the changes in my _item_feedback.inc.php ... there doesn't appear to be a part 3 any more :P

if( $params['disp_comments'] || $params['disp_trackbacks'] || $params['disp_pingbacks']  )
{
	$CommentList = & new CommentList( NULL, "'comment'", array('published'), $Item->ID, '', 'ASC', '' );
  // Nested comments part 1 of 3
	$Plugins->call_by_code( 'amNestCmnt', array( 'CommentList' => & $CommentList ) );

echo $params['comment_list_start'];
	/**
	 * @var Comment
	 */
	global $odd;

$commentCount = 0;

while( $Comment = & $CommentList->get_next() )
	{	// Loop through comments:
?>
<div id="c<?php echo $Comment->ID; ?>" class="commentRow<?php echo ( ( $odd = empty( $odd ) ) ? 'Odd' : 'Even' ); ?>"<?php echo ( isset( $Comment->depth ) ? ' style="margin-left:'.( $Comment->depth * 2).'em"' : '' );?>>

<div class="commentAuthor">
<?php
$Plugins->call_by_code( 'am_profiles', array(
		'obj' => $Comment,
		'profile' => '<span class="profileLink">$profile$</span>',
		'name' => '<span class="userName">$name$</span>',
		'avatar' => '$avatar$',
		'posts' => '<p class="postCount">Posts : $posts$</p>',
		'joined' => '<p class="userJoined">Joined : $date$</p>',
		'location' => '<div class="userLocation">Location : $location$</div>',
		'website' => '<p class="userWebsite"><a href="$website$" title=" '.sprintf( T_( 'visit %s\'s website' ), '$name$' ).' ">$name$</a></p>',
		'output_format' => '$profile$'."\n"
											.'$avatar$'."\n"
											.'$posts$'."\n"
											.'$joined$'."\n"
											.'$location$'."\n"
//											.'$website$'."\n",
	) );
	?>

<?php
	      // Nested comments part 2 of 3
	      if ( $Item->can_comment( NULL ) )
	      {
	        echo '<p class="replyTo"><a href="'.url_add_param( $Item->get_permanent_url(), 'am_nestCmnt_reply_to='.$Comment->ID ).'#bComment_form_id_'.$Item->ID.'">
Reply to <span>comment '.$Comment->ID.' by </span>';
	        $Comment->author( '', '', '', '', 'htmlbody', false );
	        echo '</a></p>';
	      }
	      ?>
	</div>

¥

11 Feb 19, 2009 19:29

Hello all,

To be frank i am a bit bored with all the coding i am doing lately so have come to get some space here, wanna just chill sometime, i like coding for wordpress, but i am fine now.

Cheers!!!
*removed

12 Feb 19, 2009 20:00

susanspy wrote:

i like coding for wordpress

It's OK. My most recent plugin works in both b2evolution and WordPress. The thing that really impresses me about b2evolution though is how much easier coding a settings page is. All you do is return an array rather than create a page, find out where the plugin is installed, handle the $_GET elements manually, etc.

13 Dec 05, 2009 03:18

does this still exist? i'd like to look at the nested comments plugin.

14 Dec 05, 2009 08:49

brandonh wrote:

does this still exist? i'd like to look at the nested comments plugin.

I'd like to get it to work too, but I couldn't. I suppose I don't have the technical aptitude for it.

Form is loading...