Recent Topics

1 May 12, 2007 20:54    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I just upgraded to 1.9.3 and moved my installation to a new server. I'm having a problem I can't figure out.

Everything is working fine except for one thing. When I try to upload a file I get the message:

* The blog's media directory «media/blogs/all/» could not be created.
* You don't have access to any root directory.

I have my old server intact and the same problem is happening there. It's an IIS server. I have check and double checked my security settings and I can't find anything wrong. In one article it was recommended that I go to the File Management page in settings but I get the same message when I access that tab.

I can upload directly to my server and manually insert a link into my post and it works fine. All my old posts are there without a problem.

I'm sure this is something simple but I've looked at it so much it is just escaping me. Anyone else have this problem and solved it? I would appreciate any help.

2 May 12, 2007 23:04

It sounds like a permission problem with the media directory but you say you have checked the security so whether that was included in your check.....

3 May 13, 2007 17:18

admin > blogs settings > [blog] > group permissions - hit "advanced" , tick the boxes for file permissions and hit save ;)

¥

Form is loading...