Recent Topics

1 May 13, 2007 21:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've tried following the wiki on "MultipleDomains" as well as the post about recent post about stub and pretty much realized that I really don't know what i'm doing.

Here's my setup, I'm using DreamHost as my webhost.

I have 2 domains, domainA.com and domainB.com.

domainA points to /home/server/user/domainA.com/ on my host.
likewise, domainB points to /home/server/user/domainB.com/.

I'd like to set up my blogs so that all of the b2e files are in ../domainA.com/

I'd also like to have a few stub files in ../domainB.com/

I don't know much about PHP so when I tried to follow the other post and the wiki, I ended getting lost and almost kill my working blog altogether.

Anyhow, a nice detailed instructions would really be helpful. With the above setup, I was able to get the stub files to work, it's the whole issue with cookies/login/logout that's killing me, a guy in the other post mentioned .htaccess, what would it look like? and how would my setup, with neither folder (to which the domains point) a subfolder of the other. Both are on the same server.

2 May 15, 2007 10:34

I'd like to be able to help you but I don't know how you do this on a *nix box. On my *cough*windoze*cough* box I have domain A and domain B both pointing at the same folder so I only have a single set of files.

What you could do is install all the files on both domains and then change the database settings ( conf/_basic_config.php ) so that they both use the same database.

If you also change the $baseurl ( same file ) so that it points to domain A and domain B ( on the respective domains ) then you'll be able to login to both as well ( you'd need to login on both domains though as the login will stick "per domain" ).

¥

3 May 15, 2007 11:57

thank you for your response. I guess for now I'll just have to deal with the multiple installations. Maybe I'll make one of the domains a read-only blog, that'll probably make things a lot simpler in terms of user management. Alright, thanks again for your hard work.

Cheers.

4 May 15, 2007 12:23

If you hook them both up to the same database then although there'll be 2 sets of files it'd react like a single install.

¥

5 May 15, 2007 14:08

You can use this to do your "blog-family" setup.

-> http://www.steverumberg.com/wiki/index.php/WikiHelp

Just read it as if its an instruction for b2e. It just so happen that mediawiki have the complete instructions for doing it on a *nix system :p

Read the instructions first, so you'll understand what you will be doing, that way you'll know the flow of the process and won't get lost. I suggest you get a pen and paper and write it all down so you can easily track your progress ^_^

Hope that helps..

PS
Be sure to backup your domain.B's config and other domain.B exclusive edits. Backup your domain.B's database as well, just in case you accidentally overwritten it ;)

You don't have to touch your domain.A anymore, it is fine as is. But just in case, make a backup of it as well :p

Better be sure ;)

Form is loading...