Recent Topics

1 May 31, 2007 18:07    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

i am setting up a blog using 'b2' for approx 20+ different bloggers (which will grow quickly beyond that).

I am trying to figure out the best way to manage this from a development/production mindset.

-should I install 'b2' in multiple instances, in subfolders for each user?..this would keep them autonomous which is okay.

or

-can i set them up on one instance and continously extend the number of blogs on the one setup? not so sure how this would work, as the admin didn't seem to be able to extend past the 4 blogs listed.

thanks...

2 Jun 01, 2007 06:58

By far the easiest way would be to set up a bunch of blogs on one instance. You can create a new blog by simply logging into the admin area and clicking on"blog settings" and then "list". At the bottom you should see "new blog". Once you set up the blog you can set which members can do what in it (post, delete, ect.)

There is also a plug-in that can automatically create a new blog for each user to save you time. I dont have the link to it, but just search for it in the plugins section if you want: http://plugins.b2evolution.net/.

Hope that helps!

3 Jun 01, 2007 07:10

The plugin Monarch mentions is called [url=http://plugins.b2evolution.net/index.php/2006/08/25/autoblog_plugin_for_1_8]autoblog[/url], but back to the questions you will only need one installation. B2evolution can handle hundreds of bloggers and hundreds of blogs. Thousands begins to push the envelope given the tools (php and mysql) used. So yeah just do one installation and figure on half an hour for each blogger you want to set up. Less once you get the hang of it - and figure out how your installation will behave. "Admin" for a blog that gives blogs and/or permissions to new bloggers is like a job. Have a handy cheat sheet of how you go about giving a new blogger a new blog and associated permissions, and the 'work' will take less time each time.

4 Jun 01, 2007 21:36

awesome. i am setting it up right now.

as far as managing each ones individual identity...is there a css way to put a different logo with each, or i saw something about using stub files to mess with this???

thanks again

Form is loading...