Recent Topics

1 Jun 06, 2007 11:25    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello all,

it seems that the DNSBL Antispam plugin is gone in 1.10.x. I noticed this when upgrading from 1.9.3 to 1.10.1. As I did not read anything about this in the changelog, also not here in the forum I just wanted to be sure that this is as it should be.

What I did now is uninstalled the plugin because it showed an error in administration panel.

Regards,
Roi

2 Jun 06, 2007 14:38

Hi,

Yep its gone, dunno why. But what I did is I retained the plugin, it works fine under 1.10.0 and 1.10.1. There are other plugins not part of the 1.10.x download, I just didn't deleted those plugins and things still work as is.

I suggest you check which plugins are not part of the new version before you delete your current installed copy, unless otherwise stated that the plugin is not compatible anymore ^_^

Regards,
JCuneta

PS
We have to wait for the official word as to why some the plugins are not part of the 1.10.x branch.

4 Jun 12, 2007 22:54

Ahhhh.... so it is recommended to get this plugin from repo and activate it again?

5 Jun 12, 2007 23:42

No, I would not recommend the DNSBL plugin, though I've written it.
It checks every blog request against the configured DNSBLs, and has no option to only do this for comment feedback, which would make more sense.
Additionally, it's likely to cause false positives (depending on the lists you use, but most of them are targetted at mail servers for example).
Use a captcha plugin instead.

6 Jun 12, 2007 23:56

Ok thank you very much for this fast response. I already use a captcha plugin. Sometimes more than one plugin against spam is useful - in this case it does not sound so...

Thanks again man! :)

Form is loading...