Recent Topics

1 Jun 18, 2007 22:31    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi

I am seriously considering b2evolution to power a blog on my site... my only concern right now is that i would love for the blog to be able 'sit' in the middle of a standard page, which means all blog-related pages would automatically get the header (menus and links), footer, and css that are shared among all pages on the site:

http://www.flashextension.net

I currently have code on the site where I can drop-in whatever php I want in the middle 'white area' on a page where main content goes. I was thinking I would place the blog on a page using a php include. The only problem (at least for now) is that links in the blog linking to other blog entries or categories would take me 'out' into a different location for pages.

For instance if i used a php page on my site to embed the blog like this:

index.php?section=20&blogparams=some+blog+page+params

to show a blog page, I would need to be able to alter any href links inside blog content to be able to point again to the 'index.php' page and pass blog params to it... is this possible with b2? hopefully what I'm asking makes sense...

or, is there a better way to do what i'm looking for?

thanks

3 Jun 19, 2007 21:43

Thanks for replying... yes part of the plan I think would definitely be a new skin (custom). But I would prefer not to duplicate some menu and header elements that exist in my 'regular' site- there is also shopping cart data in the header, and I don't think it would be easy to transfer that to the new skin... so maybe what I'm wondering is, if it's possible to take the entire blog and 'include' it inside a 'div' tag on another page. If so, the challenge is how to override links from the blog to reference the correct 'mother' page.

4 Jun 19, 2007 21:49

It's not possible, as far as I know. b2evolution needs to take control so it can do certain actions and interpret the url. I could be wrong on this, so maybe someone will correct me.

Form is loading...