Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2007 13:03    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey everyone.  I’m new to b2evo and blogging in general.  I’ve got a question about skins.  I’d like to turn a skin into a template.  I’ve read the page in the manual, but it’s not quite what I’m looking for.  I want to keep the skin for the blog I have, but I also would like to turn the skin into a template to use as permanent pages that are independent of the blog, but still part of the overall site.  Am I making sense?  I want to use the skin as a template, but only for specific pages.  Is this possible? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
Jesse

2 Jul 10, 2007 16:25

A plain old fashioned regular html page can easily grab the look and feel of your skin by telling it to use the stylesheet from your skin. Typically it'll be at your_path/skins/your_skin/stylesheet.css (but frequently the stylesheet name is whatever it might be). Anyway all you have to do is tell your page to use that style sheet, then make sure your page follows the divs and classes you see on blog-generated pages. Easiest way to do that would be to look at the source code from one of your blog pages and save it as "testing.html", then upload that file and see if it's working in the location you want for your non-blog page. You might have to tweak the path to the stylesheet is why you would test first. After that you can edit the page to be what you want, and in the process become very familiar with the basic structure and ids/classes used to make your skin work.

Hope it helps!

Form is loading...