Recent Topics

1 Jul 19, 2007 07:18    

Simple suggestion (I think)

When you are logged in and on the write tab generating a new blog entry there are several buttons: Preview, Save!, Delete!, Files, and Upload.

I am paranoid, not that I have had a problem losing data, but it takes me some time to generate an entry and I like to save often. How about adding a button "Save Draft and Continue". I know that is a long title, the title isn't important, maybe "Save Progress" or something, but the action would allow you to save progress in your edit and return directly back to editing instead of back to the "Posts" tab.

Just an idea!

2 Jul 19, 2007 07:23

Just set the release date to somewhere in the future. Or write it as a draft and set it to publish once you're ready (look at the radiobuttons on the right side under Visibility / Sharing)

Good luck

3 Jul 22, 2007 06:49

I don't see how you could accidentally forget to save your post anymore, when you try and navigate away from the write tab, I get enough popup dialogs to drive me insane.

4 Jul 28, 2007 05:23

balupton wrote:

I don't see how you could accidentally forget to save your post anymore, when you try and navigate away from the write tab, I get enough popup dialogs to drive me insane.

Yeah, but I'm not worried about forgetting, I'm worried about some other mishap. Power loss, computer crash, etc. It would just be nice to be able to do a quick save periodically.

5 Aug 15, 2007 23:07

I usually edit my posts offline for that very reason...lost one to many on account of some unforseen glitch.

Plus if you edit offline you always have a handy backup of your posts for ease of transport to another blogging system, or whatever else you may need a back up for.

6 Sep 09, 2007 03:48

jackmang I hear you. Will be done.

Form is loading...