Recent Topics

1 Jul 19, 2007 22:20    

My b2evolution Version: 2.0.1

I've created 8 Blogs - 4 which feature the Latest News and the other 4 the latest Events on Campus.

Is there some way I can display the News Blogs separate from the Events Blogs ? Or do I have to install another instance of b2evo on the server ?

Thanks for the support...

2 Jul 19, 2007 22:31

What I have read about the upcoming B2evo version 2.0 is:

Special behavior of blog #1 has been removed. Any blog can now aggregate any other combination of blogs. Look into Advanced Settings for the aggregating blog.

So you just wait and see.

Good luck

3 Jul 19, 2007 22:45

Hi Afwas, yeps I saw that very welcome feature in 2.0.

Looking forward to actually using it, cos now everytime I come up with a requirement like this, I remove the default "buttons" and add my own links restricted to that Group of Blogs. But then again, there can be only one "Aggregating Blog" , so I'm not able to offer a "Consolidated" view of each group...

Hmmmm. gotta give it a thought again...

4 Jul 19, 2007 22:51

I haven't played with a CVS version of 2.0 but I did get to blog with it. Assuming this feature is as good as the user experience then 2.0 will be the answer, even if it's called alpha or beta instead of stable. AFAIK by the way 2.0 has it's head out if you catch my drift. So I wouldn't put a bunch of effort into additional installs just to get this feature now.

5 Jul 19, 2007 23:03

Yeah EdB, I will wait for the 2.0 B) . Cos I need to have 4 Groups = Campus - News & Events, Alumni - News and Events and no way I'd have time to create, hack and customise 4 instances of b2evo :D

Aside> we should have a "Suggest a Great Title for 2.0" thread, if FP hasn't yet thought one yet :idea:

8 Jul 20, 2007 10:13

Yay, I have a red star :D

¥

9 Jul 20, 2007 10:16

Knew you would like ;)

10 Oct 01, 2007 11:40

I'm checking out Navy Pier now and I'm yet to actuallly find the feature that I was looking for in the 1st place.

While I understand that any Blog can now aggregate a set of blogs, I dont see how I can "Group" blogs together.

Say I want Blog 2, 6, 9 & 11 displayed as one group, ie the Blog buttons to these blogs only appear on the top as links.

and Blogs 3, 4, 5, 8 etc appear as another Group, totally independent of the earlier Group.

And I could still setup Blog 1 to aggregate all the other Blogs and use the summary.php to just feature "Headlines" from all the Blogs :lol:

Is this possible or am I missing something ?

I've changed the Version in the Title to reflect the Upgrade :D

11 Oct 01, 2007 14:19

Here's what you can do:

Under the widgets for the blog-groupings you have:
1) Remove the "Public blog list" widget (usually at the "PageTop" container
2) Add "free HTML" widget to every "menu link" you have with this format only:

<a href="URL">Name</a>

- Put it in PageTop container or where the "Public blog list" widget used to be.

* Only caveat right now is you have to do the whole process for every blog. I'm not sure if they'll add a feature for "Global Widgets" ;) for Final or beyond.

That's how I did it:
http://gameshogun.ws/
http://ASEAN.gameshogun.ws/

I don't use the "Public blog list" widget.

Hope that helps!

12 Oct 01, 2007 14:28

Oh hey, that would make a really nice plugin, never thought of that, if you are a dev you could take my sticky announcements plugin and then customize it to do what you want.

Yabba should be able to put something together otherwise.

13 Nov 16, 2007 00:18

Laibcoms>Thanks !!! Sorry dint respond earlier. was stuck with a client who wanted a Forum sooner than her Blog :-)

Form is loading...