Recent Topics

1 Jul 25, 2007 04:18    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.3

I'm wondering if there is some way of flagging a post so that it always appears at the top of the blogposts, as a sticky thread would in a forum. I'm interested in displaying this "sticky" post as a bio for the owner of each blog in my multi-blog. I've looked around without any luck so far. I'd appreciate any input offered.

Many thanks,
Joel

3 Jul 25, 2007 05:02

Thanks, that looks to be exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately, the download links in the thread (all three of them) are broken and the plugin isn't listed in the Extend section of b2evolution.net.

The author, balupton, seems to be in the middle of a site redesign and there are no links to the download from there at the moment either. I'd love to try it out if anyone knows where it can be found.

4 Jul 25, 2007 16:37

Joel, You've contacted me via email, which i've replied to. For everyone else interested, here was my reply.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your interest, and yep, I’m in the middle of redoing my website, so probably all the old links are down.

I will be working on this plugin in a while to add a lot of new features into the Announcements part of it (so you get to select which blogs you want the announcement to display in). So expect a nice release in a while (a few weeks, a month, two months, who knows?).

You can grab the latest version (the one that was posted in the forums all that time ago) from here:
http://balupton.com/packages/b2evolution/plugins/download/stickyannouncements_plugin.zip

I haven’t tested it with 1.10 but hopefully it will still work.

Enjoy
- Ben

Slamp, thanks for the reference, your becoming quite an active user :) I gave you some rep before, but you just gave it straight back ;)

5 Jul 25, 2007 18:19

Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate the extra effort you've made to help me out. And the plugin works beautifully!

Best regards,
Joel

6 Jul 25, 2007 18:57

Sure no problem :)

Form is loading...