Recent Topics

1 Aug 02, 2007 15:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I just realized that I messed up some things:

Yesterday I installed b2evolution-0.9.0.10-2004-07-09 on my server by mistake and today I wanted to upgrade it, but I thought it was the version before b2evolution-1.10.2-2007-06-08. Now I always get this error-message:

The requested URL /blogs/admin.php was not found on this server.

What can I do? I didn't write anything important in my blog. What's the fastest way to restart? Do I have to delete all b2evolution folders, delete my database, create a new one and then install b2evolution-1.10.2-2007-06-08 again?

2 Aug 02, 2007 16:29

Your last suggestion is by far the easiest, but you could try uploading all 1.10 files and run ../blogs/install/. There is no guarantee on thelast solution: even if you didn't break anything and the 0.9 blog runs fine, upgrading to 1.10 isn't flawless.

If you don't bother to delete the database. there is a way to let B2evo do it. check ../blogs/config/_basic_config.php for more info:

/**
 * If you want to be able to reset your existing b2evolution tables and start anew
 * you must set $allow_evodb_reset to 1.
 * NEVER LEAVE THIS SETTING ON ANYTHING ELSE THAN 0 (ZERO) ON A PRODUCTION SERVER.
 * IF THIS IS ON (1) AND YOU FORGET TO DELETE THE INSTALL FOLDER, ANYONE WOULD BE ABLE TO
 * ERASE YOUR B2EVOLUTION TABLES AND DATA BY A SINGLE CLICK!
 */
$allow_evodb_reset = 0;	// Set to 1 to enable. Do not leave this on 1 on production servers

Good luck

3 Aug 02, 2007 17:38

What the hell! I just delete everything and start all over. If you know how to do all settings it's easy anyway.

Thanks for your help!

4 Aug 02, 2007 18:32

all right, now it works

5 Aug 02, 2007 18:36

Well done. Happy blogging.

6 Aug 03, 2007 09:32

grml, there are still some issues I can't explain to myself; hope I don't get on your nerves ...

I.g. if I want to see all the plugins available or if I click a blog under my blog-tap, I get this error:

"The requested URL /blogs/admin.php was not found on this server."

And if I click the link to see the blog I get the message:

"evoCore FrameWork
/media folder

This folder holds the media files (images, sounds, videos, PDF documents...). These files can be uploaded through the backoffice and included into blog posts or other pages presented to the user.

This folder has different subfolders for different "media roots". Each of these roots can have different access permissions in the backoffice.

Depending on how you set up $public_acces_to_media in /conf/_advanced.php, this folder may or may not need to be accessed through the web."

Wonder why this happens, cause I deleted every preinstalled version of b2evo and use this one now: b2evolution-1.10.2-2007-06-08

7 Aug 03, 2007 12:34

Basarow wrote:

I.g. if I want to see all the plugins available or if I click a blog under my blog-tap, I get this error:

"The requested URL /blogs/admin.php was not found on this server."

For a start: can you check if the file actually exists on the server?

2) I agree with your analysis, this is an old file that creeped through.

Perhaps it's a solution to delete / upload all files again. Be carefull with the settings in ../conf/_basic_conf.php and any changes to skins you made.

Good luck

8 Aug 03, 2007 14:28

Grrrrrr, it just doesn't work . I gues it was my fault again, cause I didn't delete a folder on my server for a path to my blog-installation, after I killed the database. Now I will repeat the whole process again, just for the fun of it ;)

Ehm, can I create a MySQL 5.0 for that or does it have to be 4?

10 Aug 03, 2007 14:34

sorry, needless question, I found the answer in your docs: yes, I can :)

11 Aug 03, 2007 14:35

thanks, you're even faster than I can read :D

12 Aug 03, 2007 14:40

Many problems seem to solve themselves. :p

13 Aug 03, 2007 15:02

... which is just a nice way to say: first think, then ask ;)

14 Aug 03, 2007 15:29

He's very polite is our Afwas ;)

¥

Form is loading...