Recent Topics

1 Aug 15, 2007 19:08    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.2

Does anyone know how to remove the extra space between the blog title and the blog content? I've been going through every file and just can't seem to find it!

2 Aug 15, 2007 20:14

I didn't have a look at your site, so I give you a general answer.
In the folder of the skin you are using, there is a css file. For the 'custom' skin for example, there is a folder ../blogs/skins/custom and a file custom.css.

There you can change the margin of the header:

div.pageHeader {
[...]
margin: 0 1px 1ex 1px;
[...]
}

Read this as margin top, right, bottom, left.
In this example, the bottom margin is set as 1ex. You can make it smaller like 0.5ex or 10px.

Good luck

3 Aug 15, 2007 20:39

I thought is was a simple CSS edit as well but it's not. When you create a post, you have the title of the post and then the actual content of the blog.

Between the two is about 2 or 3 <br>'s. I want to remove the <br>'s or <p> spacing. It has to be located in the "inc" files or what ever file controls the actual posting codes and look.

So, I'm looking for that file.

4 Aug 15, 2007 20:53

You wrote 'title of the blog' and 'blog content' and you meant 'title of the post' and 'post content'.
I'll have dinner first and answer your question after that. ;)

5 Aug 15, 2007 21:16

Look in _main.php in the folder of the skin you are using. The <br /> tags are probably between:

<h3 class="bTitle"><?php $Item->title( ''', '', true ); ?></h3>

and

<div class="bSmallPrint">

I took the code above from the 'custom' skin. Yours may look slightly different.

If you do need to change the space between the title and the content after you removed abundant <br /> tags, you can do so in the corresponding css file.

Good luck

6 Aug 16, 2007 01:58

Got it...I had deleted one of the codes from the CSS file....thx for your help

Form is loading...