Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2007 09:53    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi,

I´m wondering if it is possible (for static pages only) to load the header and sidebar first and then the content on the main page, to speed up big pages.

I have created a feed-blogroll, which includes and loads more than 30 rss-feeds via simplepie-scripts. Understandably the compilation of the page will take a little while... and the sidebar displays as last.

Is there a possibility to load the header and sidebar information first and then fill the main area with my selected feeds?

Thanks to everyone who has a helpful idea...
Daniel

2 Aug 20, 2007 17:27

Daniel,

Page load order is determined by HTML code position. If you want to load the header and sidebar first, just make sure your static pages have them at the top of the HTML file.

<body>
<div class="header"> header stuff </div>
<div class="sidebar"> sidebar stuff</div>
<div class="rest">rest of your stuff</div>
</body>

Depending on your static page layout, this might be easy to achieve or more difficult. If it's not easy, then you can always employ some creative CSS techniques to make it happen. ;)

Hope this helps.

3 Sep 24, 2007 00:25

Do not modify display order of sidebar and posts in your skin. It will broke google indexing that will analyze your sidebar first...

You will get every preview of your page in google search results from the sidebar too.

Form is loading...