Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2007 21:47    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I'm trying to set up posting by email since I had it working properly in 0.9.12. I can't seem to get it to work right in 1.10.2. I'm positive that all my username:password are correct and the email is being properly formatted...

Here is what happens... When I set it for "test mode" and send an email to the blog, then hit /cron/getmail.php in my browser to test it, I get the following:

Connecting to pop server...
Logging into pop server...
Getting message #1...
Processing...
OK.

After I do this, if I manually check the email account in my email client, the email I sent is gone, which suggests that the getmail.php script did delete it after checking it...

If I disable "test mode" and send another test email (an exact copy as the first one I sent, then hit getmail.php in my browser again, it displays my login:password (which are correct).. displays the entire body of the email I sent, and beneath that shows the following:

Blog ID: 2
An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Requested category published does not exist!

I have tried setting category 1 in the admin panel, and have also tried forcing the category within the body of the email using <category> tags immediately beneath the login:pass line...

So why would the email appear to work when the blog is in test mode, but fail as soon as I remove test mode... and what's going on with the "category published does not exist"? It's as though it's looking for the "Post Status" as the category name or something?

In 1.10.2 are the email blogging settings stored in any of the .php files? In 0.9.12 they used to be stored in _advanced.php (I think) but they don't appear to be stored anywhere but the database in 1.10.2... Just wondering if there's somewhere else I should be looking... (and yes, I've read every post on this forum that has anything to do with email blogging in trying to track this down).... Anyone have any idea...?

jj.

2 Aug 21, 2007 05:19

jj,

AFAIK "test mode" just checks to make certain the email exists and can be connected to. It doesn't actually "do" anything with b2evo.

Unfortunately, it's been quite some time since I've tested and looked into the 'blog by email' functionality ... though I have sadly realized that support for this feature is WANING, rather than strengthening. (e.g., support for <category> no longer seems to exist, etc.)

My only suggestion, at this point, is to get down and dirty with getmail.php and see what the failure is all about.

( The number one question, of course, is "Do you actually HAVE a cat #1 and blog #2?" and is cat #1 called "published"? :p )

Knowing the support for email blogging, it wouldn't suprise me if the coding was all messed up here.

Good luck (and please let us know what you find)

3 Aug 21, 2007 05:44

I've given up on tracking this down for today.. will probably revisit it on some rainy weekend.. but, yes, there is a Blog #2 and a Cat #1.

jj.

Form is loading...