Recent Topics

1 Aug 23, 2007 16:24    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Is anyone else having this problem?

http://www.amandashopa.com/b2evolution1/

I had a nice skin. I had a menu across the top (the same menu as the rest of my website), a photo on the side. I had buttons galore, it was all set up the way I want it to. Worked that way for the last year or so.

Suddenly, today, it's all plain jane.

What the heck?

Anyone else having this problem? I'm running 1.9.3.

Also, when I log in I now get this new "simple" or "expert" writing system. What?

2 Aug 23, 2007 19:00

Looks fine to me, what am I missing?
Did you recently upgrade to 1.9.3?

3 Aug 24, 2007 02:09

It only looks good cause I fixed some of it. My other website, http://amandaknits.com/b2evolution/ should look about the same but is jacked up.

Nope, didn't upgrade to my knowledge in any way, shape, or form!!

4 Aug 24, 2007 02:35

Hi,

I cannot view from the outside what is or went wrong. Check the two things I mention:
a) in the back office goto Blog Settings -> Skins and see if the skin you wanted is listed there under another name. (you currently seem to have the 'custom' skin).
b) Check in Blog settings -> General in 'Blog URL parameters'. Do the settings match the way you originally setup the blog? Could there be a stubfile that is no longer in the rootdirectory of the blog (only if you have or had the blog setup to be detected through the stub file).

If you don't find a solution, your next option is to redo the skin. You can copy the skin's folder to the other blog, so you won't have to redo the skin twice.

I am thinking if your host could have made some changes like move your site to another server or make an upgrade from php4 to php5, but no such change would explain to me the behaviour you experience.

Good luck

5 Aug 27, 2007 06:26

Well, I still don't know what happened or why EVERYTHING was royally screwed up. But I went into my backup files from my last upgrade and just copied and pasted. Now it works, though I'm missing a few tiny things that I can easily fix.

Thanks for looking even though we don't know what happened. :)

Form is loading...