Recent Topics

1 Aug 25, 2007 01:23    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi, this may be a dumb question,

I installed b2 in a subfolder and would like to move it to the root directory.

I installed in
www.mysite.com/blogs

and want it to be the main page at

www.mysite.com/

Can I simply move the index.php over? Or is this something for a stub file? (which I don't know how to use)

I originally installed in the /blogs folder to play around with b2 and get it set up while my original site was still up, but now I want to replace the original site with the b2 site.

2 Aug 25, 2007 01:38

1) A [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Stub_file]Stub file[/url] will do the trick, but do read [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Call_a_blog_from_a_subdirectory]How do I call my blog using subdirectories?[/url] also.
2) Moving the index.php doesn't help, that's where the stub files are invented for.
3) I don't know all dependencies by heart, but you could try this: copy *all* files and folders to ../root/ and change the base url in ../conf/_basic_conf.php thereby removing the subdir. It may work, it may not. I just can't remember at this moment what is written to the database and what is not.
4) If your blog is new, just delete the existing database, files and directories and start again from scratch. That's what I did. It's not the nicest job, it takes some time, but it works :). Do not try this if you have posts you want to keep!

Good luck

3 Aug 25, 2007 07:07

scotee,

You don't need a stub. Just move index.php to your root directory and make sure there's not an index.html file (which would supercede it).

Then edit the _config.php (or _base_config.php file) to make sure that your base URL has changed to be the new ROOT location, rather than the old DIRECTORY location.

THEN .. you need to crack open _advanced.php and check to make sure that all the locations there are correct.

For example, in _advanced.php ...

$inc_subdir = 'inc/';   		             	// Subdirectory relative to base

changes to 

$inc_subdir = 'blogs/inc/';   		             	// Subdirectory relative to base

Hope this helps. ( BTW ... it's the same setup we use. ;) )

4 Aug 25, 2007 12:29

Tx stk,

That filled a gap in my answer and in my memory.

5 Aug 26, 2007 00:44

Thanks everyone! I followed stk's instructions and it worked like charm, kinda.

Moved the index.php file to the root, then edited _base_config.php in the /conf folder to change the base url to the root directory I wanted.

Then I opened the _advanced.php which is also in the /conf folder. I did as stk said, then webpage seemed to work well in the root folder. But then I tried to log in to the back office and got an error. I found that I needed to NOT edit the

$adminskins_subdir = 'skins_adm/'; // Subdirectory relative to ADMIN

line, because it's already relative to the ADMIN file. So leave that line the way it is.

After that, it let me into the back office just fine.

Now the only problem is that I have to log in everytime in order to get into the back office. Under MISC in my side bar, the only option is Login... instead of Admin, Profile, and such. So I click Login, and it says I'm already logged in, but gives the login entry forms and two choices now to login, or login to back office.

Is this a cookie problem? Do I have another path I need to change or not change?

6 Aug 26, 2007 01:32

Depending on how long the blog was running in the original location and how many posts were made, you may want to redirect requests coming to the old locations, and also let the search engines know that the old posts are now in a new location... something like:

Redirect permanent /blogs http://www.mysite.com

in your .htaccess should do it...

jj.

7 Aug 26, 2007 03:15

Whoa, something just broke. It was working ok, except for the login problem. Then I go out for a bit, come home, and now only the default main blog page works. When I click a link to go to another blog, it comes up completely blank, or says "no input file". Same thing if I click on the archives or any other link. The only exception is the "login" link takes me to the login page, but when I log in, it just refreshes the login page. Help!

8 Aug 26, 2007 03:25

NM, I found what it was. I checked Use extra-path info, and that's what screwed up all the links. So I unchecked that. And the login problem was fixed after I cleared the cookie.

Form is loading...