Recent Topics

1 Aug 31, 2007 19:55    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I'm managing a pair of b2e blogs for someone who wants posts in a given category for one blog to automatically show up in a given category on the other blog. There is a chunk of subcategory management, etc. that's going on, so I've written some custom code to transfer items out of the database from the first blog and into the second.

My big question is, I've got everything entered in evo_posts on the server where I'm supposed to be synching to, and ensured that things like the post_main_cat_ID exists as a valid cat_ID in evo_categories, etc., but the articles are refusing to show up on the server I'm syncing to, even if I attempt to access them directly with a URL such as:

http://www.example.com/blogs/admin.php?ctrl=browse&blog=2&p=324&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I've tried deleting the pre-rendered item cache to no avail. Is there any special magic I must invoke (i.e. other tables I'd have to touch, scripts I might have to run, etc.) in order to get these items in the database to display?

Thanks,
Alex Kirk

2 Sep 01, 2007 01:07

If the blogs are not seperated (both blogs are on the same blogengine and share the same database) then you can easily show posts in multiple categories independent from the blog they originate.

From your question it looks like you got two different installs of B2evo then your problem is huge and beyond my knowledge. There is much more information that has to be shared: author, date/time etc.

Unless some one smarter than me cames with an answer, you're probably best off if you import the one blog into the other and continue from there.

Good luck

3 Sep 05, 2007 20:32

My bad on a very delayed response...I was out of town with sketchy Internet access, and then had the flu.

Yes, these are completely separate blogs, on two separate servers. I guess the big question I have at this point is why an article that's in a given database wouldn't display, or if anyone can point me at the piece of the code that actually fetches articles out of the DB, so I can figure it out myself.

4 Sep 05, 2007 22:48

You need to copy the evo_post_cats before a post will show ;)

¥

Form is loading...