Recent Topics

1 Sep 07, 2007 21:56    

What is Twitter?

Twitter is a community of friends and strangers from around the world sending updates about moments in their lives. Friends near or far can use Twitter to remain somewhat close while far away. Curious people can make friends. Bloggers can use it as a mini-blogging tool.

What does this plugin do?

This plugin posts updates to your Twitter account every time you post an entry to your blog. The title and a link to your blog post is included in update to Twitter.

Download and more information [url=http://leeturner.org/index.php?blog=11&title=twitterlution&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1]here[/url].

2 Sep 17, 2007 11:50

This is just a small update really. After talking to one of the developers over at Twitter, the Twitter web site now recognises Twitterlution and links to it accordingly.

You can download Twitterlution from the Twitterlution page on my development blog:

http://leeturner.org/twitterlution.php

Enjoy

3 Oct 06, 2007 08:13

I installed the plugin, filled the Twitter username and password but when I post got the following error:

Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/winterso/public_html/plugins/_twitterlution.plugin.php on line 86
Error Posting to Twitter

I don't know exactly what is happening!

4 Oct 08, 2007 09:47

Hi Hammerheart

The only thing that I can think of is that your hosting provider has disabled connecting out to another site. curl_exec() is the bit that connects to Twitter to post your update and the message seems to imply that they think this is a security risk. Can you contact your hosting provider to see if this is the case?

Regards
Lee

5 Oct 14, 2007 21:28

I receive an error "Cannot send headers...", etc.

But the post is posted and gets linked from Twitter.

How do I clear this error?

6 Oct 16, 2007 19:53

This is the error I get:

Success posting to Twitter
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bit/public_html/blog/plugins/_twitterlution.plugin.php:94) in /home/bit/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2404

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bit/public_html/blog/plugins/_twitterlution.plugin.php:94) in /home/bit/public_html/blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 2407

7 Dec 26, 2007 19:16

Hi all

Twitterlution has now been updated to version 0.4. The recent changes make the plugin work without warnings in the version 2 releases of b2evolution and add a new feature:

* v0.4 - Added the ability to customize the update text.
* v0.3 - Removed echo of success or failure as this was causing a problem with the latest b2evolution
* v0.2 - Included source parameter
* v0.1 - Initial Release

Please see http://leeturner.org/twitterlution.php for download and install instructions.

Lee

8 Dec 26, 2007 19:59

Er... the download link for v0.4 doesn't seem to work.

10 Mar 27, 2008 04:40

Will this work for 2.4.1?

11 Mar 27, 2008 09:35

Hi

I haven't had chance to test the plugin on 2.4.1 yet so I can't say for certain. There should be no reason why it wouldn't as I have it running on a release candidate version - 2.3.0-rc1.

If you try it out let me know how it goes and I will update the documentation accordingly.

Cheers
Lee

13 Mar 27, 2008 11:13

Oh, bummer...... Did you enable the twitter ping in the blog settings and updated your twitter username and password in the user settings?

I guess it is a little difficult to diagnose if none of the pings are working.

I really need to get my dev blog upgraded to 2.4.1.

14 Mar 27, 2008 12:02

I'm not getting a notice on the screen like I do with my 1.9 blog, a notice that says XXX worked, XXX pinged, etc.

The username and password are correct, and all the pings have their boxes checked.

When I officially update my 1.9 blog to 2.4.1 tomorrow, maybe it will work, who can say.

15 Mar 27, 2008 15:01

The XXX worked message was taken out of the later releases of the plugin due to it causing warnings in the later releases of b2e. It was irrelevant anyway as b2e reports the success or failure of the ping.

Let me know how it goes after the formal upgrade and whether twitterlution (and the rest of the pings) are working.

Cheers
Lee

16 Mar 27, 2008 15:16

Have you thought about adding a widget to this plugin that shows your current twitter status?

18 May 27, 2008 13:41

personman wrote:

Have you thought about adding a widget to this plugin that shows your current twitter status?

This was the first thing I missed and for educational purposes I started hacking away and the plugin exists here at the moment

http://github.com/wgaffa/b2twitter/tree/master

Note that you have to edit the plugin file and insert the correct username and password at the moment but will be fixed in later releases.

Form is loading...