Recent Topics

1 Sep 11, 2007 01:17    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I see that there is now an option in the backoffice to allow moving categories among blogs. But there is no option to turn crossposting on. Then, I go to conf/_admin.php and find the old variable, $allow_crossposting, with the same possible values, but the warning that the setting should be in the backoffice (which it is, well, halfway).

My question is: will I break up anything if I set this to 3, just like I had it before? I have already a lot of posts which belong to categories in several blogs, but when I try to edit them now, only the categories for the blog including the main category for the post are visible (and, so, selectable).

I don't want to mess with this until someone tells me it's alright. :)

2 Sep 11, 2007 02:38

bit wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x
I don't want to mess with this until someone tells me it's alright. :)

This is not about messing. You probably know as much on this topic as we do, so why don't you give it a try and tell us about your experience?

Good luck

3 Sep 11, 2007 05:10

Because I really, really, really want to avoid corrupting the database or something like that. (I am thinking about conflicting variables, magic numbers and the like.)

4 Sep 11, 2007 05:58

As far as my localhost setup is, it is fine :)
I always turn-on cross-posting. What I dont turn-on is post-change on the blog level (the #3 option)

Form is loading...