Recent Topics

1 Sep 13, 2007 09:29    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi guys,

first of all b2evolution is REALLY great software, you just got a new fan.
I "infected" my whole family, and everyone just got an own b2-blog.
I tried hard to use the search, but finally couldn't find a post that fit my question exactly (very sry, i am not good in searching)

My idea now is to make a familyblog.
When installation is just finished, b2 creates one blog that includes the entries of all other existing blogs.
So that's what I want to do, just include the blog of my mom, sister and me in one (but they still have their independent blogs)

Problem is, we all have different webspaces at different providers.
So my question is, if i can use this "show several blogs in one blog" even if the blogs are not connected to the same domain name, database and webspace?

I would really appreciate any kind of hint or advice where to find an answer (or an answer itself 8) )

greetz
sopi

EDIT: and IF that works, .. do I create double content with that (subject: google SEO)

2 Sep 13, 2007 09:37

In that you have to include in your skin a feed parser, so that you fetch the RSS feeds published by your familiy members' individual blogs and then publish in your own blog.

Take a look at lastRSS (http://lastrss.oslab.net/), very simple but usefull RSS parser I used to include random posts from a particular category of my blog on a different system.

Or maybe someone else can give you another idea...

3 Sep 15, 2007 16:38

Thx for the quick response!

Actually that could be a good idea.

But my problem is, we all want to get serious, and so I think we would get trouble with double content (concerning google search and SEO in general)

So if anybody has another idea i would be gratefull!
greetz
sopi ;)

PS: I wonder if Blogs>>generel (fist tab)>>absolute URL would do the trick?

4 Sep 15, 2007 18:42

sopi wrote:

PS: I wonder if Blogs>>generel (fist tab)>>absolute URL would do the trick?

It would, but you'd need to be able to have a central database ( ie/ one that each individual site could connect to remotely )

¥

Form is loading...