Recent Topics

1 Sep 30, 2007 12:23    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi All,
I have just installed b2evolution 1.10.2 florida and have a couple of questions.

I am creating a football website and would like the managers to have their own editable area that they can completely control.
I thought i would try it using blog.

Here is an example of what I would like to achieve for every manager but I would like to use b2evolution. (I've used blogger as an example)

http://www.borrasparkalbion.co.uk/under_11s.htm

Do I need to use Autoblog plugin to achieve this. If so were can I download it because the link on this site seems to be dead.

I'm reading through the forum and docs and I am a little bit confused at the moment.... so much to take in.

Thanks

Al

2 Sep 30, 2007 12:47

You can create a blog manually for each manager

¥

3 Sep 30, 2007 13:43

Thanks, thats what I want to do.
But do I need to use the autoblog plugin or can I create a blog for each manager using the admin portal?

I'm a bit confused as to add more blogs. The intial install seems to have install bloga blogb linkblog. I've edited bloga for one manager.
How do I create 10 more?

thanks again for your help

Al

4 Sep 30, 2007 13:51

On the admin page where you picked a blog to edit ( admin > blogs ) there's a "create a new blog" link, click it and you'll get a shiny new blog ;)

¥

6 Sep 30, 2007 14:55

Gosh it took a while for me to find the tab :)

Now can I use the first new blog as a template for the rest of the managers blogs?
ie all i need is categories. news, fixtures, results for each blog.

Secondly how would I assign a manager/user to each blog?
What rights would you recommend. I just need them to login and edit their own content.

This is looking very promising, far better than i ever hoped for :)

thanks again

al

7 Sep 30, 2007 16:01

I'm afraid there's no easy way to do it, you have to create each blog and categories from scratch.

For permissions, I'd create a "managers" group ( admin > app settings > users : add group ) and turn off all the admin stuff that you don't want them to have access to ( stats, users, files etc ).

Then , on each blog, for just the owner manager, assign their user as "editor" ( I'm *pretty* sure that restricts them to posting, but you'd need to check ). If that doesn't then hit "wide" view ( or whatever it's called ) and untick everything you don't want them to have access to.

If you wanted them all to have a shared blog you could assign the managers group as an editor to the relevant blog.

¥

8 Sep 30, 2007 17:59

thanks for the advice!

This should keep me busy for a while :)

Al

9 Sep 30, 2007 18:32

Hopefully this will be my last question :)

OK I've created a new blog (BPAUnder11s) and created a new group (Managers) and created a new user (under11s).
I've assigned the user to the blog and set the rights to editor.

Now I can see the blog site, but how do I login as the user and edit the blog.
I can login as admin and change everything.
But I want to login as a user and only edit posts
Were do I login for this blog?
Do i log in at mysite/admin.php?
Because this says access denied.

Almost there! :)

Al

10 Sep 30, 2007 18:53

the chances are that when you created your group you ticked "no access to admin", hit admin > users > group name ( Managers ) and change the setting ;)

¥

11 Sep 30, 2007 18:54

Hi althetaff,

You can solve this problem if you use another browser because in your current browser there is now a cookie set that 'knows' you're the admin. Deleting cookies should do also.

Good luck

12 Sep 30, 2007 21:29

Thanks for all your help guys!

This is now working prefectly........

Al

13 Oct 01, 2007 12:12

Hi Guys,
Here is my site :) I have all the blogs set in place and I am just waiting for my managers to give their info before I let them loose with their blogs.

http://www.borrasparkalbion.co.uk/under_11s.htm

I would to add a link back to my homepage if I can from each blog.
Some of the managers are so computer lit and may not know to use the back button.

If this is not easy to implement I just put the blog link a new window

14 Oct 01, 2007 12:53

You could cheat and create a blog called "home" with access type set to "absolute url" ( and put your sites home page url in there ) ;)

¥

Form is loading...