It is a pleasure to announce the release of the [url=http://cronicaslinuxeras.com/2007/10/04/extension_enlaces_wikipedia_b2evolution#english]Wikipedia Links Plugin[/url] for b2evolution 1.10.2. From the linked blog post:
This plugin will replace all ocurrence of tags of the form: [[en:Article Title]] with links to the corresponing article in the respective wikipedia international site (as specified by the two letter language code). For instance, an entry like [[en:DNA]] will produce a link to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA]DNA[/url], while an entry like [[no:Næringsstoff]] will produce a link to http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Næringsstoff.
There was once a [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=2294&highlight=wikipedia]plugin which did similar things[/url],but it seems to have dissapeared. So I wrote this little one to fill the void.
For me at least this is very useful, because I'm constantly linking to wikipedia articles. Let me know what you think about it.
Warning: If you write in russian, hebrew, or some other non-latin charset this probably would not do what you want. In the few cases I tested, the result was a bunch of html entities in the post which I could not make work. Maybe someone who knows better than me can help fix this.
This plugin has nothing to do with the Wikilinks provided by the default b2evolution installation, which creates internal links with a wikipedia-like syntax.
As far as I know this the coolest plugin around :) So I decided to update and fix a few things. From the [url=http://cronicaslinuxeras.com/actualizada-ext-enlaces-wikipedia-b2evol#wlinkup_en]Announcement in my blog[/url]:
This new version (0.99) of my Wikipedia Links plugin for b2evolution brings one bug fix and two improvements.
The bug fix: Conflict with the Smilies plugin that produced smilies instead of links to wikipedia in some cases.
Improvement (1): Now WL understands extended link format, for instance: [[es:Real Madrid Club de Fútbol|Real Madrid]], produces: [url=http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Madrid_Club_de_F%C3%BAtbol]Real Madrid[/url].
Improvement (2): Now the links have a CSS class "wikipedia_link", so that you can style them using CSS stylesheets (Thanks to Afwas for this suggestion)