Recent Topics

1 Oct 10, 2007 15:12    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi,

using b2evo 1.9.2 I was wondering, if there is a possibility, to modify one of my news-feeds or even, create a new one, which contains some extra features...

Creating / adding a new customized feed should be easy - I hope. These are skins as well, are they? So I only have to copy the content of the blog/skins/_rss2 directory in a new one called _rss3 or whatever, right?

In general the

<category domain="main">blahblahblah</category>

tag in the feed is taken from my choosen categories from the posting... that´s fine... But I would like to have in this new newsfeed more category-tags than choosen categories in my posting; meaning I would like to add several tags, which could then be automatically read out by dedicated external tools via the new newsfeed...

I hope, I could make myself clear... one example:

POSTING123 ist categorized in category "blogs", "wonderland", and "some other stuff". The same three categories are viewable via the above mentioned code in the newsfeed - but I would like to have the tags "fun", "important", "tipps", "blahblahblah" as well as categories / tags in the newsfeed but not directly in my posting, mainly because I don´t want to have sooo much different tags / categories in my blog as potentional needed for the new newsfeeds.

The most preferable way (for me) would be one additional field in the make-new-postings-window (expert) - analog to "title", "URL" and so on... there I would like to add several tags (separated with commas), which then wouldn´t be shown in the posting itself, but would be added the the two or three "normal" categories in the new dedicated newsfeed...

Is such thing possible? Or would this be a huge hack with database involvement etc.?

2 Oct 12, 2007 01:26

Yes, they are skins.

Maybe easier would be to create a renderer pluging, which is activated only when displaying XML and not when displaying HTML.

Let's say you input something like this:

<!--tags: fun, tipps, blahblahblah -->

and your pluging interprets this, and puts the desired tags into your XML feed.

Creating plugins for b2evo is not difficult. Even a complete neophite like me can do it.

3 Oct 12, 2007 19:33

Hmmm, the idea is not bad... I think, I will give it a try... and when I´m not successful in creating it alone... I will come back and ask for help ;-)

4 Oct 12, 2007 19:51

Don't quote me, cos it's late and I haven't checked any of this, but :
Daniel wrote:

The most preferable way (for me) would be one additional field in the make-new-postings-window (expert) - analog to "title", "URL" and so on... there I would like to add several tags (separated with commas), which then wouldn´t be shown in the posting itself, but would be added the the two or three "normal" categories in the new dedicated newsfeed...

This would probably be easier to achieve in 2.0.x as it has tag support, so you have a *url* style box below your post area, on the write screen, to add tags ( comma separated ), and I'm fairly sure you could add the tags to an rss feed ( if it doesn't already do that, I haven't checked ) in the way you want. Unfortunately there's no separation of post tags and rss tags, so it's a smidge of an "all or nothing" solution, but it's better than what's currently available huh? ;)

In the meantime you'd need to code in the tag functionality ( I'm sure I have a plugin somewhere that does some of this, if I find it I'll link it ).

¥

Form is loading...