Recent Topics

1 Oct 18, 2007 08:05    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi guys,

I'm not exactly sure whether anyone will be able to help me with this - I'm getting a lot of really good hits from Google searches, but recently wanted to move some posts into different categories. I've moved a couple, but have noticed that one post that was moved now isn't linked correctly in the Google search (it comes up with the link to the old category, so now if people click the link, they don't see the moved post).

My question is: if Google indexes my site regularly (it seems to index once a day or once every two days), will it eventually catch up and show the post with the updated link?

(Sorry if that doesn't sound very clear... It's very hard to write so it makes sense :oops: I don't know much about how Google indexing works)

Here's what's happening. The Google search is turning up this post:

Puppets in Melbourne :: Category: Interesting puppet stuff
Please note: this post only applies to purchasing puppets in Victoria, Australia. If you are from another country, I would suggest visiting The Puppetry ...
thepromptcopy.com/pip//index.php?cat=28

But if you click on the link, the post is no longer there... it's here:

http://thepromptcopy.com/pip//index.php?blog=9&cat=66

Will Google update it do you think? This is very important to me, as I'm the only person with this kind of information on the net at the moment; and I'm planning on doing more rearranging of post/categories later.

Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Na3

2 Oct 18, 2007 08:17

Totally off topic, crack open conf/_basic_config.php and meander down to the line that says $baseurl='http://thepromptcopy.com/pip//'; and remove the second / ;)

Google will eventually correct it's indexing, how long it takes is the indeterminate thing.

¥

3 Oct 18, 2007 08:24

Ah, thanks - I had wondered about the double slash, but never got around to looking into it.

Yeah, I thought Google might correct the links eventually, I was just a bit worried because of that warning about moving posts in the config file.

Thanks for the help Blonde Bimbo!

Form is loading...