Recent Topics

1 Oct 24, 2007 11:21    

My b2evolution Version: 2.0.2

Login with Firefox works perfect, never had a glitch.
but one of my blog manager use Opera, he gets this when he want to log using this : http://www.vajra.be/htsrv/login.php

WARNING: you are trying to log in to http://vajra.be/?blog=1 but your cookie domain is .vajra.be. You will not be able to successfully log in to the requested domain until you fix your cookie domain in your b2evolution configuration.

if it's a configuration problem, why i never have this with firefox and on diferent computers ? Opera give this Warning on every computer i try to login and IE7 also.

IE7 say only that "cookies are not activated, so i can't loggin" it don't give the "Warning" Opera is giving.

my baseurl in basic_config is set like this :

* @global string $baseurl
 */
$baseurl = 'http://www.vajra.be/';

where do i go to check how cookies are set in my b2evo installation ?
how can cookies be not activated, if I can login and edit, work with no problem from a Firefox browser ?

2 Oct 24, 2007 11:30

This is a cookie related issue. Do you still have a problem if you do type www into the adress bar? Furthermore: if you used an older version of B2evo with a particular browser there is still an old cookie blocking the access, so delete cookies and do so again.
Because we have similar problems with other users I ask you to report back to this topic if it worked (or not).

Good luck

3 Oct 24, 2007 11:39

The thing is, i always have "www" in my adress bar.
The Warning is strange, because any link you access with this blog is always with "www".

i think it's like that because of my $baseurl set with www in front of the domain name ?

shoul i take it "www" off from my $baseurl ?

also i have checked to see i have old cookies, everything is clean and this error can be repeated on computers i never use to admin the blogs.

edit : on my other b2evo 2.0.2 installation (on buzzworkers domain name)
i don't have any of these problem..the only diference (both domain use the same hosting plan) so the only diference in both blogs are : the skin i'm using.

at Vajra i'm using the custom skin, on buzzworkers i'm using the evopress skin. does this mean something for you ?

4 Oct 24, 2007 11:47

Funny : if i try to log in with firefox taking out the "www"
even if i'm already logged, i get : you need to log in message, so i log myself in, and i can see in the adress bar the "www" coming up from nowhere in the adress bar back again.

5 Oct 24, 2007 11:51

now i can see that if i take off the "www" from the $baseurl in _basic_config.php the problem is solved, i can log in with any browser.

is there any problem taking this out of the $baseurl ?
any side effects on google ranking, cache of the blog, already indexed search result ?

6 Oct 24, 2007 12:58

A blog that is not functioning properly is in the long run a problem for search engines.
Your server seems to be set up without the www part. You can contact your host to get the www (back) into it. My host did. But you can start with your hosts control panel or it's forum or FAQ. There may be a lead.

Glad you got your problem solved. Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck

7 Oct 24, 2007 14:33

Well i took it OFF this morning, to solve the cookie problem (by taking it out from the baseurl) but i would prefer to solve the cookie problem by adding www to the way cookies are created, is there any way to do that ?

9 Oct 29, 2007 12:45

hi afwas, i have just intalled 2.0.2. at first, i had a problem logging in but after a few tries, i was able to login using firefox and after deleting cookies. and now, my problem is the blog by email, its still not working.

11 Oct 31, 2007 11:19

Thanks afwas for this link, but has far i'm concerned this user problem
is not the same i'm experiencing here : I only have cookies problem with Opera and IE7 or 6.

I forced trough htaccess to always use "www" even when search results are indexed without www. but this not solve the problem the way cookies are generated by the blog itself. so i guess i should look elsewhere to find out how to correct this problem.

for now the only way i can have it working is by deleting the "www" from my baseurl in the php file. this way every browser can log in with no problem. but this is not a real solution, i wish i could understand the way cookies are generated by B2evolution..anyone have any idea where to start ?

12 Nov 03, 2007 11:20

hi afwas,
i tried logging using IE but im having an error msg
"cookies are not activated, so i can't loggin", i even use other PC and set the cookies on but still the same. i can only login using firefox.

do we have a solution for this? coz most of my members use IE.

13 Nov 03, 2007 12:45

@buzzworkers; At my previous host my blog worked only *without* www. I contacted them (it was for astetic reasons only) and they changed something to also point the URL *with* www to the same folder. I believe it had something to do with the A RECORD or the C NAME. I't a tad beyond my knowledge. If you force the www that's not a good solution I think.

@karen: So far nearly all related cookie issues were about a different $base_url from the actual url used. Another possibility is a cookie that's from the previous 1.10 version that's still in available. You can delete cookies to find out. These problems shouldn't arise if you used the other computer and that computer never was used before with your site.
Do you use IE 6 or IE7?

Good luck

14 Nov 03, 2007 15:50

hi afwas,
cookies are deleted but still error.
other computer...hasnt been used but error.

15 Nov 03, 2007 16:10

hi again,
another problem, login error...wrong password. and im so sure that my password is correct. anyway. i had just changed it by clicking the "lost password".

16 Nov 03, 2007 18:10

In backoffice (og FF perrmits you) you find a link "delete prerendered item cache" under Tools -> misc. Try that one.

Good luck

17 Nov 04, 2007 05:23

hi afwas,
i did what you said. and for the first time, i was able to login using IE! thanks. alert you when i have a problem with this again. thanks.

18 Nov 04, 2007 05:42

Wow, I was worried because I ran out of ideas ;)

19 Nov 04, 2007 06:19

haha! dont be so worried coz i know you always have an idea. but dont be so happy coz i will still be here bugging you with lots of questions until my new blogsite is up and running smoothly. haha. and, im in the first stage now so its a long way to go.

20 Nov 04, 2007 06:59

You're doing better than a hundred posts ago. Soon you'll be telling us how things work.

21 Nov 05, 2007 13:29

So this "problem" have nothing to do with the way cookies are generated in the B2evo 2.02 version ?

because before this version, we never had problem related to this (cookies) in our diferent host/domain name.

22 Nov 14, 2007 11:45

I just updated to B2evo 2.x Beta, and it seems that this issue(the original post from this thread) is now resolved !

i have modified my baseurl, added www. to it, and now i can login with every browser on earth without any cookie problems, it's works just perfect !

Form is loading...