Recent Topics

1 Nov 07, 2007 19:45    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

OKAY I AM NEW TO THIS WHOLE THING. I NEED TO GET THIS BLOG PAGE SET UP ON THE WEBSITE I AM WORKING ON FOR MY RADIO STATION. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO LET THE JOCKS USE IT AND HAVE THEIR OWN BLOGS. I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE URL'S AND SUCH TO GET IT TO WORK! SOMEONE NEEDS TO HELP ME PLEASE! :(

*edit*
Title

2 Nov 07, 2007 20:11

You need to find a caps lock key :|

¥

3 Nov 07, 2007 20:25

well I'm in a bit of a jam and it's extremely frustrating. Are you able to help or did you just want to comment on my caps?

4 Nov 07, 2007 20:27

Things that help :

1) no caps, we're not myspace users huh? ;)

2) a link to your site where you're having the problem

3) an inkling as to what part of your urls are failing, how and what you'd *like* the urls to be like

¥

5 Nov 07, 2007 20:29

We are only able to help you if you are able to explain to us what the trouble is. So relax, take your time and describe the issue.

Good luck

6 Nov 07, 2007 20:32

man i remember being an unpaid intern :D

7 Nov 07, 2007 20:36

okay thank you.

www.clarioncountydailynews.com is where we want them at. when i go to blog settings for a given one (there is one for Em, Will and Austin and then the blog all) I'm not sure what to put in after clarioncountydailynews.com/blog/ for the blog URL folder, I think have to create one first. then the URL blog name and then i wasn't sure if the url preview is what I need to put as the link on my website so when you click on it it goes to the actual blog for the public. so there we are. I'm new to this stuff. I'm a really fast learned but I need to get a jump start first

8 Nov 07, 2007 20:44

I'm not an intern. I'm a morning show co-host and producer. It's my first job in radio and this is the smallest station you would ever imagine. Imagine a farm house and 8 full time employees and you have my station

10 Nov 07, 2007 21:00

so i attach all of the crap after clarioncountydailynews.com to the hyperlink?

11 Nov 07, 2007 21:06

First you need to delete
emblog
willblog/
Austinblog
where you have put them. That must be in backoffice -> Blog settings -> *choose a blog* -> General -> Blog URL parameters.

To be continued

12 Nov 07, 2007 21:13

Next find the file a_stub.php in Yourhost/blog/ or in the unzipped B2evo distribution. Make three copies of it. Call #1 willblog.php, call#2 emblog.php and call#3 austinblog.php.
In the first one change:

$blog = 1;

in

$blog = 2;

In emblog.php change:

$blog = 1;

in

$blog = 3;

and in austinblog change:

$blog = 1;

in

$blog = 4;

Upload the three files to the /blog/ folder on the server.

to be continued

13 Nov 07, 2007 21:25

Next, go to backoffice -> Blog settings -> Em -> General and set "Preferred access type" to "Explicit reference to stub file (Advanced):" with the value "emblog". Repeat this step with the other two blogs.
The blog should now be accessible through: http://clarioncountydailynews.com/blog/emblog If it is not then a) set the server to automatically detect php files or b) change the value you just entered in "emblog.php" and the blog will be accessible through: http://clarioncountydailynews.com/blog/emblog.php

To be continued

14 Nov 07, 2007 21:39

Epilog

Next you need to decide what to do with the All blog. If you want to keep it, reference it to a_stub.php (you may want to change the name of that file; it should point to blog #1.) If you do not want to use it, remove the All blog from the blog roll (menu) in backoffice -> Blog settings -> Blog All -> display -> List of public blogs and both switched off.

One final touch: you used the linkblog (blog #4) for Austin. Make a new blog (that will be blog #5) call it Linkblog and change this setting in all four other blogs: backoffice -> Blog settings -> *select Blog* -> display -> Link blog / Blogroll -> Default linkblog: -> Linkblog

Good luck

15 Nov 08, 2007 01:33

c93 wrote:

Imagine a farm house and 8 full time employees and you have my station

Weirdly enough, that sounds like fun 8|

¥

16 Nov 08, 2007 06:38

and please, a friendly reminder to refrain from topic titles like this one. It ruins it for ppl that might use the search.

There is always something more descriptive that can go in a topic title.

thanks.

17 Nov 08, 2007 15:56

I don't know where to find the php thing to change the blog numbers

18 Nov 08, 2007 16:25

Hi c93,

In the distribution (zip file) from B2evo you find the file a_stub.php. You can open it with a text editor (not Word but Notepad) and you will find on lines 21 - 24:

# First, select which blog you want to display here!
# You can find these numbers in the back-office under the Blogs section.
# You can also create new blogs over there. If you do, you may duplicate this file for the new blog.
$blog = 2;   	// 2 is for "demo blog A" or your upgraded blog (depends on your install)

You change the number on the last line. The you use "Save as ..." to generate willblog.php, emblog.php and austinblog.php respectivily.

Then you upload these stubfiles to the server in the /blog/ folder.

That's all. Good luck

19 Nov 08, 2007 16:27

yeah thats my problem, I can't find that file anywhere.

20 Nov 08, 2007 16:30

It's in the zip file. When you open the zip, there's a folder b2evolution. It's right inside that folder, not in the /blogs/ folder that's in the b2evolution folder as well.

Good luck

21 Nov 08, 2007 16:31

what i am trying to say is that i can't find the b2evo file, should it be on my computer or on the actual blog site with all my settings and stuff. I'm sorry I'm totally new at this kinda stuff

22 Nov 08, 2007 16:33

Just download it again. The zip is only 3Mb.

23 Nov 08, 2007 16:34

okay i found it. i'ts not in a zip, i got it

24 Nov 08, 2007 17:39

so if I want to make a new blog, then do I label that one as 4? because when i go to change it and save it, it's not working. there is a 4th jock, wayne. I put wayneblog.php in the url thingy or whatever, then i went to a_stub and changed the number to 4???

25 Nov 08, 2007 17:49

In your setup you have:
#1: All blog
#2: Will
#3: Em
#4: Austin
You want a Linkblog (any number)
You want a blog for Wayne.
So you make two new blogs that aparently will become #5 and #6. It really doesn't matter which way, you only need to remember what blog # Wayne gets, because you need to reference that number in the wayneblog.php file.

Good luck

27 Nov 08, 2007 19:52

okay now the only problem I am having is when will logs in his clog does not show up anywhere, and its' not on mine either

28 Nov 08, 2007 19:53

also waynes is not showing up anywhere

30 Nov 08, 2007 20:12

I gave them all their own username and passwords and the only place that will and wayne can access theres is through the main clarionc

31 Nov 08, 2007 20:16

I did assign him #4 and it's still not showing up. What I was trying to say about will's is if I sign in with wills username and password -not clarionc, his and wayne's do not show up

32 Nov 08, 2007 20:29

I made some changes, is it better now?

The requested URL /blog/wayneblog.php was not found on this server.

You need to rename the stubfile to wayneblog.php

33 Nov 08, 2007 21:05

okay well waynes is still not working. I'm not sure what to do now. I changed it in the php and resaved it. I also want to know, when people go on and look there is a button to edit our stuff... are the able to access that because thats something we dont' want

34 Nov 08, 2007 21:11

The edit button is only visible to you, not to a 'normal' visitor. It's cookie related.

It still says there is no file called wayneblog.php in the folder blog on the server.

Form is loading...