Recent Topics

1 Nov 15, 2007 02:23    

My b2evolution Version: v.1.10.2

Hello,

I run a hobby forum using pHpBB and we have a blog running off it that is maintained by one of our users (http://theclubhouse1.net/blog/). I really know nothing of how the blog software works, but as the admin that installed it (via Fantastico Deluxe using cPanel) is not around to answer the question, I am hoping that someone here can help. The blog was up and running fine until we had a server issue with our hosting company (surpass) and then we had to re-install some software, and while we were doing that, the Fantastico interface notified us that the blog software had an update, so we ran it. I am unsure what version we were on, but now we are on v.1.10.2. The blog itself is online, but we can't edit entries
or create new ones. If anyone can help us figure out what to do, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the message we get when he tries to log in now:

Notice: Undefined variable: admin_dirout in
/home/theclub/public_html/blog/admin/_header.php on
line 17

Notice: Undefined variable: core_subdir in
line 17

Warning:
main(/home/theclub/public_html/blog/admin///_main.php)
[function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file
or directory in
line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening
required
'/home/theclub/public_html/blog/admin///_main.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in
line 17

2 Nov 15, 2007 02:53

Most likely Fantasticop missed a file when installing the update. Can you try to run the fantasico again?
If not, you can download the software from this site and upoad the files to the server yourself. Do grab the correct version (1.10.2)

Good luck

3 Nov 15, 2007 02:55

Afwas wrote:

Most likely Fantasticop missed a file when installing the update. Can you try to run the fantasico again?
If not, you can download the software from this site and upoad the files to the server yourself. Do grab the correct version (1.10.2)

Good luck

Hi Afwas,

Thank you for the reply. Will re-installing the software remove any of the users existing entries? If so, what should be backed up before I re-install? Sorry for the newbie questions, but this is my first exposure to the application.

4 Nov 15, 2007 03:03

You'd play safe if you make a backup from the database, but normally no information is lost in the process.
You don't wnat the (re-) installation itself, only the upload of the (missing) file(s). That's what Fantastico (hopefully) will do first and when it comes to installing, it will tell you that the database is already updated. This won't harm anything, but uploading the files from a copy you downloaded from this site will cure your problem without running the installation proces.

Good luck

5 Nov 15, 2007 10:48

There is no /admin/ folder in 1.10.x, use admin.php ;)

¥

6 Nov 16, 2007 01:17

Thanks for the help! We are back up and running after swapping the _header.php file. I'd love to give you points, but I guess I need more than zero to do it. :D

7 Nov 16, 2007 01:20

There is no /admin/_header.php ( or any /admin/ folder ) for 1.10.x, it was all replaced by /admin.php, you just need to update your bookmarks ;)

¥

Form is loading...