Recent Topics

1 Nov 19, 2007 05:20    

My b2evolution Version: 2.1 las vegas

i get these errors creating a new post...
when i use turkish characters like "ş" "ı".. when i use those special characters in the post content they are converted to "?" automatically, but when i use them in tags the error returns...

http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adszuk2.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adsz2fz4.jpg

i did not have such a problem publishing the previous post.. as you can see the previous post is allright.. but the second had problems..
to take a look www.tilqi.com

but as my site is new i keep making minor changes and i want to mention that i am using tr_TR with a new lang file that i am converting and updating and extracting..

i also want to mention that i am translating with poedit and utf-8...
and add that i ve altered all my sql tables to utf_general_ci and changed the locales.php required lines to utf8 and utf-8..

in the light of all these details what may the problem possibly be ?.. thanks in advance

2 Nov 19, 2007 05:53

Additional information about this error:

MySQL error!

Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='(Errno=1267)

Your query: Find existing tags

SELECT tag_name

FROM evo_items__tag

WHERE tag_name IN ('yarış')

which file plugin or whatever may posibbly be using latin1_general_ci ?? all my tables are utf8_general_ci

3 Nov 19, 2007 06:53

and finally to add an important point, all the special characters on the interface on sidebar etc. are working totally fine!... just cant post new items with special characters..

hope someone will come up with a solution coz its really annoying for a localized page without special characters.. thank you in advance

4 Nov 19, 2007 23:36

i have the exact same problem with this guy

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=9426&highlight=turkish

when i preview, the letters are correct, but when i post they change into "??"s..

i tried the solutions there but not working..

to remind that, that letters with problem are showing correct in interface and post preview..

i ve tried everything, changing al sql tables to utf8_general utf8_unicode latin1_turkish latin5 _turkish and everything.. can someone help me out of this ?

or at least can tell me where the post function takes place... obviously preview and post functions are in different places that preview is fine but posting has problems

thnks in advance

6 Nov 21, 2007 04:51

i have dealed with the most of the problem... but i wanna say that there are toooooooooo many places to choose/change/override charset and encoding properties & its a pain in the butt for international users all the time... i think its a big problem for international users.. i have already seen 6-7 functions in files that overrides or coincides with each other..

in the stable version could you please include 1 or 2 overall setting that will override everything and choose the main charset and encoding plz..

Form is loading...