Recent Topics

1 Nov 26, 2007 16:01    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Blogs been working great for quite some time - this morning when I try and upload an image I get....

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 207 bytes) in /home/technica/public_html/blog/inc/MODEL/files/_filerootcache.class.php on line 79

I'm thinking this means my files dir is too big ? Any way I can change the limit ?

:?:

you know I'm also thinking my host just upgraded to php 5 - might that be the cause??

3 Nov 26, 2007 16:35

So its a php memory limit? Like the max script size? yikes, Ill go and put in a support ticket at my hosting company ...

any reason why B2 might be using over 8 megs of script memory?

oy... figures this would happen right after the holiday.

4 Nov 26, 2007 18:59

K - I dunno if anyone else has gotten this - or why it happened - but I had to fix it myself but modding my root .htaccess file with the line

php_value memory_limit "16M"

can anyone tell me if B2Evo should be using 8 megs of script memory ? or - what could possibly cause that much to be used...

the first occasion I noticed the error was uploading a file - now I have a lot of files in the file directory - ( all images in my posts )

might b2 Evo keep a tally of the files I have and might that have grown so large that explains the usage?

Any pontification here would be encouraged.

:?:

5 Nov 26, 2007 23:57

Hi Rob,

Don't worry, all is normal. A blank B2evo 1.10 will run with 8Mb, just barely. So if you add some pics or plugins it will crash. B2evo 2.1 will not run with 8 Mb. There was one 1.9 blog reported that didn't run with 16Mb. That's the record holder ;) You can imagine, that blog is like a Christmas Tree. :p

Happy blogging

6 Nov 27, 2007 01:25

so 16 megs should handle it for the time being? and thanks - I was wondering if maybe something got stuck in memory and was holding some process open.

If thats not the case I guess Im good until the next revision? :-)

at some point in the future my host is gonn be mad Im holding 100 megs of script memory hostage ...

:D

Form is loading...