Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2007 00:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I think I understand what trackbacks are, but I have NO CLUE what to put in the "Trackback URLs" field when I am entering a post.

Is this where I would put a link to another person's blog if I were writing about her post or blog?

Or is this similar to the WordPress (sorry, but that's where I was before) Google plug-in things that provide all sorts of fields to fill in when you are first writing a post to "tag" it and improve searches.

What goes in the "Trackback URLs" field?

And how I got here is, I want a link to a certain post in my blog to send to someone. Is that a "permalink". How do I find it? Please be gentle.

2 Nov 27, 2007 00:59

You enter the TracBack link *from* another person's blog (you use his TB link, he might use your's) and you can react to a post he made.
The Permalink is indeed for messaging a friend that you have written a post. You find it on the frontpage of the blog, under the post itself. Depending on the skin, it is often under an image of a chain.

Please be gentle.

We are nearly always friendly.

Good luck

3 Nov 27, 2007 01:02

Yes, you are, and prompt too! What a nice, refreshing experience (if you can read between the lines).

Thanks. I'll go take a look.

4 Nov 27, 2007 01:04

In the blue_heaven skin, it is a tiny "file" icon (a page) and I thought that was "print", but it opens the post singularly. Thank you again.

Now, I've got to figure out how to implement some sort of bookmark system.

Form is loading...