Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2007 16:04    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Is there any way of preventing b2evo from, for example, changing the & in a URL to &amp without switching the HTML checker off and on again after each post which was all I could find from searching the forum? Any guidance or suggestions appreciated.

2 Nov 27, 2007 16:35

nicodemus,

The & has a special meaning in XHTML (ironically, it signals the parser of the start of an entity value).

To avoid confusion, one must spell out the ampersand entity value for "&", by either using "&" (most common) or by "&" (the numeric equivalent).

In a sense, b2evo is "saving you" by converting these for you on the fly, as your post won't validate correctly if "&" is used, instead of the (correct) "&" or "&"

Hope this helps.

3 Nov 27, 2007 17:16

Thanks for replying, but though I understand what you mean, it doesn't really help because the URLs I'm concerned about are sponsor links and I'm worried that my referral codes may not be transferred correctly.

stk wrote:

nicodemus,

The & has a special meaning in XHTML (ironically, it signals the parser of the start of an entity value).

To avoid confusion, one must spell out the ampersand entity value for "&", by either using "&" (most common) or by "&" (the numeric equivalent).

In a sense, b2evo is "saving you" by converting these for you on the fly, as your post won't validate correctly if "&" is used, instead of the (correct) "&" or "&"

Hope this helps.

4 Nov 27, 2007 17:22

When a user clicks the links it gets interpreted as "&" ;)

¥

5 Nov 27, 2007 17:24

It does help AND they'll be transferred MORE correctly. ;) :D

6 Nov 27, 2007 17:51

I'm sorry if I've annoyed you. It's just that before I knew any better I used an HTML editor that did the same thing and the result was that was not getting the CTs that I should have. But if you say it works with b2evo then I'll stop worrying.

stk wrote:

It does help AND they'll be transferred MORE correctly. ;) :D

7 Nov 27, 2007 18:01

No worries ... what DOES annoy me are all the sites that provide code to stick on a website that don't (correctly) include & in the URL parameters for the links. ;)

Form is loading...