Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2007 23:32    

My b2evolution Version: 2.1.0-beta (Your forum keeps changing my version back to 1.0 and I dont use 1.0 so I have edited it myself)

Right, I installed a load of skins from here, it said they had no containers but they say they are installed.

I just followed the directions. Unzipped, uploaded and installed.

Now however, every single one of them doesn't work. I get this error....

Warning: main(/home/****/public_html/aboutme/blogs/skins/blue_heaven/index.main.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/aboutme/blogs/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 452

Warning: main(/home/****/public_html/aboutme/blogs/skins/blue_heaven/index.main.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/aboutme/blogs/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 452

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/****/public_html/aboutme/blogs/skins/blue_heaven/index.main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*****/public_html/aboutme/blogs/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 452

Was this because I had no containers on them? Are all the skins here not complete and I have to get another part for them? Please be gentle.. I will hopefully understand what you tell me but I am brand new at these...

JUST TO ADD I reinstalled a skin and this is what it says on install...

No containers found in this skin!
Skin has been installed.

2 Nov 27, 2007 23:53

Hi, 2.1.0 beta is just that .... beta.
The skins that come with the download have "containers".
You are, for now, restricted to using those skins only.

Skin developers are waiting until a final release before they spend their time rebuilding their skins.

I'm afraid you are limited to the skins available in the download, or skins that state they are 2.1.0 beta ready, unless you are savvy enough to convert skins yourself.

3 Nov 28, 2007 00:07

Well that would be fine except that I literally put the beta on today to test what was happening. I had the last alpha on before that and the same thing happened. How far back do I have to go to be able to use skins?

Thanks for responding btw :D

If this is your first install, we recommend you pick a [Green] stable release.
Version Changes Date Status Download
2.1.0 "Las Vegas" 2007-11-04 [Yellow] Beta 2 540 kB
2.0.2 "Millenium Park" 2007-10-11 [Green] Alpha 2 555 kB
2.0.1 "Navy Pier" 2007-09-18 [Yellow] Alpha 2 382 kB
2.0.0 "Chicago" 2007-09-08 [Yellow] Alpha 2 084 kB
1.10.3 "Key West" 2007-11-01 [Green] Stable 2 488 kB

I started with the Las Vegas, but thats not stable then, so I should ignore the tck and go for the Key West?

I will delete it all and start again...

4 Nov 28, 2007 00:32

Use 1.10.3 and you'll be fine.

Good luck

5 Dec 01, 2007 05:10

Afwas wrote:

Use 1.10.3 and you'll be fine.

Good luck

What does this mean and what do I do to install the skins? Thanks MajorHart majorhart@sbcglobal.net

The default skin [tropicana] set for blog [ACNBLOG] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file. Contact the webmaster...
An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

6 Dec 01, 2007 10:19

You can't use old skins with the 2.1.0 beta release. Major architectural changes is why. So you get to either keep your 2.1.0 and use the skins it comes with, or downgrade to 1.10.3 and have as many skins as you like.

There is no downgrader utility, and a 2.1.0 database MIGHT work with 1.10.3 files, and it'd be real hard to do by hand - sorry for the bad news :(

Form is loading...