Recent Topics

1 Dec 04, 2007 08:23    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi folks, Being a newbie and unfamiliar with manipulating skins to suit each version of b2E leaves me wondering if each skin is backwardly compatible with earlier versions of b2E or do the skins need to be changed?

I see some discussion about changing skins for a newer version but I don't know enough to know if it answers my own question!

2 Dec 04, 2007 13:49

You can just try. If it works, you're fine, if it doesn't discard it and start anew.
The 1.9 skins are compatible with 1.10. They will all work. You will find them if you hit the "Exetend" tab in the header of this page.

Good luck

3 Dec 11, 2007 12:16

Hi Afwas, I will try that! Normally I am a bit chicken when it comes to experimenting with unfamiliar things! I am not likely to get electricuted, again, so what can go wrong!

4 Dec 11, 2007 14:40

I'm pretty sure you'll be okay. There will be a missing thing or two, but nothing that fundamentally stops you from using the skin.

We were adding something like "if a certain function exists then do this cool thing" to skins so that they would be FORWARD compatible from 1.9 to 1.10, so that would be the only thing you would be missing. IF your 1.9 skin doesn't have that "if" bit in it.

(I'm pretty sure this is correct... please update if you have any troubles with your skin in your application)

Form is loading...