Recent Topics

1 Dec 04, 2007 16:09    

My b2evolution Version: 2.20.x

This might be an obvious questions: I freshly installed 2.2.0-beta and configured a few blogs (id 1,2,3). Now i remember from my 1.8.x-Days that there used to be an option in the Blog-Settings to make a blog display all entries from the other blogs. For some reason, i do not recall where that option was.

I suspected that the first blog (id=1) would auto-aggregate the posts from all other blogs (ID 2,3, etc...) , but it isnt. So, how do I enable the "Blog All"-Page again as i was used to in 1.8.x ?

Greets
Rocco

2 Dec 04, 2007 16:53

That really chaps my hide when you upgrade an existing installation to 2.*: blog #1 no longer aggregates posts from all blogs. It used to be unstoppable, now it is off by default. grrrrrrrrrrr!

You can now make ANY blog aggregate posts from any other blogs, so that's a big improvement! Go to blog settings and select the blog you want to aggregate other posts into, then hit the advanced subtab. There you will see a field for what blogs to aggregate. It is a comma-separated list of blogs. Like 1,2,4,7,19 for example. Tell it what you want and save the changes.

One of the biggest benefits of this is that we can now show posts in all blogs EXCEPT the linkblog on our blog-1 page. (Many people were okay with aggregating posts except for linkblog posts is why I say that.)

3 Dec 05, 2007 10:36

Hey, thank you! That feature is actually excellent, however, not well documentated :-) It would be cool if the FAQ would add this information as well especially for switchers coming from old versions.

Greets and thank you!
Rocco

5 Dec 06, 2007 07:46

Something about how old skins simply won't work is a good idea?

Form is loading...