Recent Topics

1 Dec 06, 2007 02:26    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hello:
I am running a b2 site at www.sobrenada.org (portuguese content)

You can see, at the end of each post, the default line containing, respectively: Permalink, Date, author name, word count, etc.

Please, I need to know 2 things:

1) Permalink is actually been displayed as hour. How can I change that to a image (equal to all posts), something like bullet.jpg for example? Or even a word (Permalink)?

2) The author name is displayed with the same font size as the other info. Can I change the font size or color for that? I want to give more highlight to author's name - even a script that shows "By AUTHOR" right below the post title would be great!

Thanks in advance!!

2 Dec 06, 2007 07:58

First reply, meaning I beat Afwas. Hooray for me!

Check out a preview of your blog using "skinners_guide" skin. It was made to show you lots of different things you can do with your skin. There is an example of using the standard icon for a permalink, and some embedded information in the actual _main.php to show you how to do even more. I'm pretty sure that skin will also show you some tricks about styling the author's name, so for sure check it out.

I'm playing exclusively with 2.* now, but your desires in 1.9.* are easily achievable. I made skinners_guide thinking of people who didn't mind opening up a php file and reading what's in it, so please do that. Visit your blog with that skin and take a look at _main.php, and see if it helps you figure out "aha" on how to get the changes you desire to happen.

BTW I also sort of assumed the reader knew something about style sheets.

Anyway if it helps or not please let us know. I personally think skinners_guide skin is a great idea, but maybe the way I did it sucks ... So let me know what you think.

3 Dec 07, 2007 05:24

WOW.

EdB, my friend:
After one hour of intense reading :D and a lot of tests, i managed not only how to change the word / icon / whatever / for the Permalink, bur also replace those elements to a better visualization and better sense (as you can see if you pay me a new visit).

THANK YOU for your help. And YES, your skin IS very useful.

It's almost 2am now and I am really tired. Tomorrow I will try other fancy things your skin teached me.
Other thing that I really want is a pop-up window for the comments, but I think i'll find out pretty soon. Do not spoil me, wait for me to beg :)

See ya!

4 Dec 07, 2007 12:41

Yeah I know how to do comments in a popup.

* yawn *

You'll probably get it. But hey don't kill yourself on it! I'll make a deal with you: if you learn stuff but it's not what you needed that's cool. Share what you know and ask what you need and we'll all be real cool about doing what we can. OTOH if you didn't try we, well, we'd be more like me in real life :>

5 Jan 07, 2008 20:41

EdB, I owe you an apology and a thanks.
Apology because my question is on the B2E Docs :oops:
And thanks because you did not spoiled me... lol
After tinkering A LOT on those files, I managed to make the popup work (easy part) and formatted (@#$@#%@#$ part).
:>>

Form is loading...