Recent Topics

1 Dec 07, 2007 16:35    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Since the update I now get the message:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/xxxusernamexxx/public_html/inc/items/model/_itemlight.class.php on line 211"

Whenever I hit "save" to make a post live. The post actually does go live though.

2 Dec 08, 2007 12:58

Hi Akeldama.

What version did you upgrade from and to? If this is something that happened in 2.1.0 I think no one will care because 2.2.0 is out as a "better beta". If this happened when you upgraded to 2.2.0 then it is an issue that needs to be understood. And corrected.

Thanks!

3 Dec 08, 2007 16:29

Sorry. Should have mentioned.

I had upgraded from 2.1.0 to 2.2.0.

4 Dec 09, 2007 07:18

What's in this line?

$permalink = url_add_tail( $blogurl, '/'.$this->main_Chapter->get_url_path().$urltail );

?

Then somehow main_Chapter for the item list is not given somehow.

Please provide a way to reproduce this. I cannot reproduce it, by creating a new post, just by hitting "Save" and some test title.

If my assumption(s) above are correct, please add the following code just above line 211:

if( ! is_object($this->main_Chapter) )
{
  echo debug_get_backtrace();
}

..and post the generated backtrace here. This will tell the code path leading to this error.

5 Dec 09, 2007 10:48

This is what I have for line 211:

case 'chapters':
				$permalink = url_add_tail( $blogurl, '/'.$this->main_Chapter->get_url_path().$urltail );
				break;

Tried adding the code you suggested to get the back trace. It didn't give me anything.

6 Dec 09, 2007 20:46

Akeldama wrote:

Tried adding the code you suggested to get the back trace. It didn't give me anything.

But you received the same error, just with a new line number (+4), right?

7 Dec 11, 2007 10:13

Yeah that's exactly what I got.

9 Dec 12, 2007 18:15

Thanks for the suggestion. Alas that didn't fix the issue.

10 Jul 31, 2008 21:21

So I'm having the same exact issue on a blog I just set up for my wife. I've looked around this forum and haven't really found what I need (or if I did run across it I didn't know it was what I needed).

Anyway, I don't know where to start because I'm new at this, so feel free to treat me like a baby, etc.... I'd even be fine with name calling, and hate-posts as long as they also contained the information I need to get her ability to post back.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

11 Aug 01, 2008 01:28

JAKiewel please start a new thread for this. It technically can't be the same issue because Akeldama upgraded and you set up a new blog. So that's, you know, like ... different ;)

Oh and some helpful information will be stuff like what version of b2evolution you're running, have you had this problem since immediately right away or did it start after some sort of change you made? Did you change skins or add plugins or do any creative editing on any files? Also what kind of server your host is (windows or something reliable), and maybe stuff like php version on your server too. By the way a link to your blog will probably be way helpful too.

Form is loading...