Recent Topics

1 Dec 22, 2007 21:19    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Sorry if this is a FAQ.

If I want to write a post about foobar product and put the amazon widget on the page as a graphic, is there an easy way to do that. The widget wants to use an iframe, which the html parser will not allow.

I think I can turn down the security, but I really don't want to do that (I am planning to allow multiple bloggers.).

Can you help straighten me out?

I am guessing this is what evoAmazon and b2Media are for, but the do not look to be updated for 2.20 yet?

Appreciate feedback -- again sorry for the obvious question.

2 Dec 24, 2007 10:50

Afaik the evo amazon plugin is what you want but I have no idea if it works in 2.2 yet.

I do however know that Danny is currently upgrading all of his plugins, so if it is broke he'll fix it ;)

¥

3 Dec 24, 2007 15:16

I just tried evoamazon on 2.2 for the first time. It seems to work fine to me.

4 Dec 24, 2007 15:50

Man -- I guess I have eggnog head or something. Thanks. I will retry the install and report back.

5 Dec 24, 2007 15:57

In 2.x you can easily allow iframes in /blogs/conf/_formatting.php line ~80:

$posts_allow_iframes = false;

Just in case you need it :roll:

6 Dec 24, 2007 16:29

OK -- that is new information for me. Is there a security implication of allowing iframes?

7 Dec 24, 2007 17:27

texasag90 wrote:

OK -- that is new information for me. Is there a security implication of allowing iframes?

Not if you trust the posters (bloggers).

8 Dec 31, 2007 10:22

The widget doesn't work in 2.3 - any ideas if it will soon?

Loved it.

9 Dec 31, 2007 10:34

@Afwas

Do I need to remove that code to make iframes work, or?

Because it already is in my file, but iframes don't work

10 Dec 31, 2007 10:56

I lost track of this conversation. Some one must have dropped out.
To make <iframe>s happen change the line to:

$posts_allow_iframes = true; 

Do not delete the line.

Good luck

11 Dec 31, 2007 13:11

Yeah - deleting didn't work, lol :D

I'll give that one a try!

12 Jan 10, 2008 12:00

Copied the code into the freehtml widget, works fine

13 Feb 02, 2008 03:52

I received the following email today, presumably because I use the evoAmazon plugin. I'm wondering what this means regarding the future of evoAmazon.

--------------------------------

Amazon Associates ECS Shutdown Announcement

Dear Amazon Associate,
We are writing to remind you that the Amazon E-Commerce Web Service 3.0 is scheduled to be deprecated on March, 31 2008. Our monitoring indicates that your associate tag is being passed into calls to Amazon E-Commerce Web Service 3.0. After March 31, 2008, we will no longer accept Amazon ECS 3.0 requests. Please make sure to contact your development team or application provider to ensure that they have upgraded to Amazon Associates Web Service 4.0 (formerly Amazon E-commerce Web Service 4.0) so that you or your customers are not affected by the shutdown.

Amazon ECS 3.0 shutdown was announced a year ago in February 2007. Amazon Associates Web Service 4.0 has had complete feature and data parity with Amazon ECS 3.0 since June 2006 (Version: 2006-06-28). We will re-invest the existing maintenance effort saved by discontinuing Amazon ECS 3.0 into Amazon Associates Web Service 4.0 to allow for the introduction of more features and capabilities.

In preparation of the March 31st shutdown, the Amazon ECS 3.0 web service will be unavailable between 10am and Noon PST on February, 19 2008, 10am and 2pm PST on March, 4 2008 and 10am and 4pm PST on March 11 and March 18 2008.

Please refer to the migration guide for assistance in mapping Amazon ECS 3.0 calls to their Amazon Associates Web Service 4.0 equivalents or visit the Amazon Associates Web Service Developer Forum to connect with other Amazon Associates.

We thank you for being part of Amazon’s Associate Program and look forward to your continued support.

14 Feb 02, 2008 14:45

I got that email, too. I need to do a new version that switches to ECS 4. I found this PHP class for communicating with Amazon Web Service:
http://www.zend.com//code/codex.php?ozid=1415&single=1

But I'm afraid it will only work with PHP 5. So I need to find something that will work for PHP 4 and PHP 5, write my own code for talking to Amazon's API, or use that class and make PHP 5 a requirement for using the plugin.

What are your thoughts? What version of PHP are you using?

15 Feb 02, 2008 15:04

That's a very good question. I think I am using 4. I tried to switch to 5 and b2e gave me tons of "out of memory" messages.

16 Feb 04, 2008 02:16

Personman.. please don't forget about us folks still using 1.10x :)

jj.

17 Mar 22, 2008 02:09

I received my "final notice" regarding the Amazon plug in.

Dear Associate,
By now you’ve received several messages regarding the upcoming Amazon E-Commerce Web Service 3.0 shutdown scheduled for March 31, 2008. Our monitoring indicates that your associate tag was passed into calls to Amazon E-Commerce Service 3.0 between March 10, 2008 and March 16, 2008. After March 31, 2008, we will no longer accept Amazon ECS 3.0 requests. Please make sure to contact your development team or application provider to ensure that they have upgraded to Amazon Associates Web Service (formerly Amazon E-commerce Web Service 4.0) so that you or your customers are not affected by the shutdown. Please note that none of the links you generate from associates central are affected by the deprecation. So any links, widgets or banner ads that you may have on your site will not stop working due to the deprecation. Nor should you be affected if you migrated after March 16,2008.

Please note that this is the last communication reminder that we will send prior to the final ECS 3.0 deprecation.

18 Mar 22, 2008 04:48

I have a new version that works with AWS 4.0. I've checked it into svn. Anyone want to test it. I used the Zend Framework Amazon web service class, which means it probably only works with PHP 5. I also stripped out some stuff I wasn't using.

19 Mar 22, 2008 05:06

I'd be exceedingly pleased to test it!

21 Mar 22, 2008 14:25

If you can tell me who or what "svn" is, I can try to get it there.

23 Mar 22, 2008 23:50

If I leave PHP on my site at 4, then I get a blank page when I try to use the plugin.

If I bump it up to 5, I get this:

Warning: Zend_Service_Amazon::require_once(Zend/Rest/Client.php) [function.Zend-Service-Amazon-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/comlist/public_html/b2etwotest/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/Amazon.php on line 85

Fatal error: Zend_Service_Amazon::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Rest/Client.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/comlist/public_html/b2etwotest/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/Amazon.php on line 85

27 Mar 23, 2008 21:05

Warning: require_once(Zend/Service/Abstract.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/comlist/public_html/b2etwotest/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/Zend/Rest/Client.php on line 24

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Service/Abstract.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/comlist/public_html/b2etwotest/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/Zend/Rest/Client.php on line 24

28 Mar 24, 2008 00:11

I had removed Zend Framework from my include path so I could make sure to include all the files I need in the plugin, but I had it in there a second time, too. I renamed that dir and was able see all the errors you've been seeing and add the files that are needed. You can download the fixed zip at the same url as above.

29 Mar 24, 2008 01:33

It works! As long as I switch over to PHP 5. Which I guess I could, assuming everything else at that domain works with it. Thank you!

30 Mar 24, 2008 01:41

PHP 5 came out 4 years ago, so I think it's safe to migrate ;)

31 Mar 24, 2008 01:41

By the way, thanks for helping me test this.

32 Mar 24, 2008 10:47

On the comiclist.com domain, the only thing that gives me any errors when I go to php 5 is my 1.x b2e blog. Over on one of my other domains, the 2 wikis I set up don't work on php5, so I'm going to have to upgrade them at some point.

33 Mar 24, 2008 10:48

personman wrote:

By the way, thanks for helping me test this.

You are very welcome! Considering how valuable the plug in is to me and others, it was the least I could I do.

34 Mar 25, 2008 00:39

BTW, I noticed tonight, it works great when it can find an entry.

When it can't, I get this:

Warning: Zend_Service_Amazon::require_once(Zend/Service/Exception.php) [function.Zend-Service-Amazon-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/comlist/public_html/b2etwotest/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/Zend/Service/Amazon.php on line 234

Fatal error: Zend_Service_Amazon::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Service/Exception.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/comlist/public_html/b2etwotest/plugins/evoamazon_plugin:') in /home/comlist/public_html/b2etwotest/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/Zend/Service/Amazon.php on line 234

35 Mar 25, 2008 02:10

Error handling! That's a good idea. Ok, that's fixed. Same url.

37 Mar 25, 2008 03:25

You think this is ready for a release? I had to add a lot more files from the Zend Framework that I thought I would. But it was nice to do all the Amazon communication in less than 5 lines.

38 Mar 25, 2008 03:29

It seems to be working for me, as long as I stick to php 5. When it can find something, it does, when it can't, it says it can't. I think the only thing I might change is adding the ability to put in the associate code via the B2E back office, instead of having to edit a php file.

39 Mar 25, 2008 13:13

cslepage wrote:

I think the only thing I might change is adding the ability to put in the associate code via the B2E back office, instead of having to edit a php file.

You already can. Look in your user settings.

40 Apr 10, 2008 03:49

Is there a way to have the 2.4 version of the plugin produce multiple pages of results like the older version? Maybe something I can change in the php file?

Form is loading...