Recent Topics

1 Dec 27, 2007 17:37    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I edited my blog and create a post and then my link no longer worked. It seemed to preview and save okay? I lost all the information I worked on. Is there anyway of getting this lost info back?

http://synergywellnesscentre.com/home/synergyw/sportchiro/blog/

This is the message I get: Requested blog does not exist!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 Dec 27, 2007 17:47

That URL looks very strange! It looks like you have your "official server path" info inside the URL. Specifically the ".../home/synergyw/sportchiro..." part. I don't know how it got there, but if I go to http://synergywellnesscentre.com/blog/ I see a default b2evolution installation.

Unfortunately I don't see anything that isn't part of the standard package.

Can you go to your host and look at your database content? Typically through "phpmyadmin". If you can do that you should be able to browse your database's "evo_posts" table and see if the new post is saved or not.

4 Dec 27, 2007 17:56

Thanks for the replies. The reason the link looks strange is because the sportchiro is an add on domaine (www.sportchiro.ca). It was just this morning that I edited the blog and made my first post. Before I made the changes the link looked like this one: http://synergywellnesscentre.com/blog/

I can't seem to find the blog folder dedicated to sportchiro. Could it have the same folder as the above link? The whole add on domain thing confuses me a little. I could try to delete the blog and re-create it again, but I just spent a lot of time on the first post, settings, etc.

Thanks!

5 Dec 27, 2007 18:48

I use an addon domain, but how it works for you might not be how it works for me. Nonetheless:

My primary domain name has a server path something like "primarydomain/public_html/" for the root level. When I added a second domain it became a folder inside the primary. So on the server it looks like "primarydomain/public_html/seconddomain/" to get to it's root level.

But each installation of b2evolution ignores the fact that second is bundled inside first. So $baseurl in the first is "primarydomain.com/" and $baseurl for the second is "seconddomain.com/". Once I'm actually in the back office I totally ignore the fact that second is tucked inside first.

All my databases for all my stuffs on both domains are available to me via my primary domain's cpanel and the phpmyadmin feature.

Anyway so the trick is to know which database your second domain (addon) is pointing to, then visit that database and see if your post is saved or not. You can crack open your addon/conf/_basic_config.php file (though Afwas pointing out you have an obsolete version tells me your file will be called _config.php in the same folder) and look to see the name of the database it uses.

er.... I'm gonna post this then re-read to see if I'm on track or not.

6 Dec 27, 2007 18:55

http://www.sportchiro.ca/blog/ shows an open directory with only a "locales" folder in it. Seems like what you have is a partial installation there, so I'll guess that once you figure out what database you're using you will find your post.

Also there is simply no need for the additional stuff that your server uses to make your addon domain work. Treat it like it is a completely different URL and let your server (since you told your server it is an addon) take care of making the magic happen. So your link to "Blog" on the sportchiro.ca page does not need "synergywellnesscentre.com/home/synergyw/" in it. That's the server's job.

Also if you're using the "server stuff" bits in any of your blog settings via the back office you will want to remove them.

Your addon domain is ONLY an addon at your server. Once you get to a browser it should be seen as a completely different domain name.

It's a bit confusing probably, but really right now you don't have a b2evolution problem. Except for a partial installation at sportchiro.ca ... and an obsolete version at the longer domain name.

7 Dec 27, 2007 19:25

Thanks!

Somehow I managed to find a link to take me to the login page for this blog. Once I logged in I was open to find my post and fix the blog link. All seems to work now. Thanks a lot for your help.

The folder for my addon domain for some reason did not get placed in the public_html? This is where some of my confusion lies. Maybe I should physically move the folder into the public_html folder? Everything seems to work okay though?

Sorry for the confusion, yes there is an incomplete installation that I've yet to finish deleting. It's not supposed to be there. My sportchiro / addon domain blog is here

http://synergywellnesscentre.com/home/synergyw/sportchiro/blog/

and my other blog is here
http://synergywellnesscentre.com/blog/

I know you said I don't need the long link, but I currently do because I think things are in the wrong folders. It's weird that it even works. There really is no functional blog folder in sportchiro but it's currently working? I'll completely erase the remaining files in the sportchiro blog folder and you'll see that it's still functional. Do you think I should simply move the entire sportchiro addon domain into the public_html folder?

Thanks again

8 Dec 27, 2007 19:30

If the version I'm using is obsolete, I wonder why they are on webhostingbuzz's download section? Could I simply download an update or something?

9 Dec 27, 2007 19:51

I currently added the sportchiro folder to the public_html folder. I'm also keeping the content in it's original folder just in case. I also found the blog folder. It seems like when I added the blog from Cpanel that it placed it in it's own folder outside of the sportchiro folder. I think it should all work once I fix all the directory locations.

10 Dec 27, 2007 19:59

synergy wrote:

If the version I'm using is obsolete, I wonder why they are on webhostingbuzz's download section? Could I simply download an update or something?

Places that offer downloads and installations of stuff don't always check to see if they're offering the latest and greatest. Sometimes they have rules about what they'll offer, but I think in this case they just fell asleep.

Anyway hit the "Download" link at the top of the forums here and you'll see links for v220 and v1103. 1103 is super-stable, but 220 is stable-yet-marked-beta. Which you go with is up to you! If you're new to b2evolution I suggest you go with 220 because you might as well get used to the application as it will be going forward. And it's got widgets! v1103 didn't have widgets. 220's got widgets!

Disclaimer: I'm using 220 and am grossly pissed off with it, but that's what happens when you've been upgrading since 0.8.6.2 and got very used to certain features that ... changed significantly with the 2.* generation. All things being considered, I do strongly recommend 220 for people who are not encumbered by a prior comfort level with b2evolution. There are simply NO major issues stopping it from running a real live website.

Form is loading...