Recent Topics

1 Jan 01, 2008 17:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I am just about done customizing the b2evo install I am working on. Just about everything is working as it should.

But there's one thing which is still open: While the blog entries are all nicely aligned to the left (I am using the evopress skin), the comments section is aligned in the center.

I really would prefer this to be also aligned to the left.

Which file do I need to edit to change this alignment?

Thanks in advance!

2 Jan 01, 2008 20:48

Hi

You probably talking about single-post pages (correct me if not). So you need to find this class in your skin folder in style.css, line 228

.widecolumn {
padding: 10px 0 20px 0;
margin: 5px 0 0 150px;
width: 450px;
}

3 Jan 01, 2008 22:35

I am not totally sure that is it. I've tried adding text-align: left; but that didn't show any result.

Let me clarify a bit.

If you are on a blog you see the following line below any given posting:

Posted in Uncategorized | Edit... | Send feedback ยป

If you click the feedback link you can leave a comment for the blog entry.

The following screen (consisting of the entry and the leave a comment box) is aligned to the center.

That screen has to be aligned to the left, like the rest of the blog.

If I look at the name widecolumn it would seem that is indeed the place where the change needs to be made. But at least my change didn't yield any result.

I hope you or somebody else will be able to help me establish this.

Thanks!

4 Jan 01, 2008 22:54

.widecolumn {
padding: 10px 0 20px 0;
margin: 5px 0 0 50px;
width: 450px;
}

The margin (here 50 in stead of 150) pushes the content to the left.

5 Jan 01, 2008 23:05

Thanks Afwas!

Clearly I was approaching it wrong ;)

That did the trick!

By the way made the changes you suggested in another thread with regards to the header alingment, worked like a charm too. Though there were different ways IE and Firefox interpreted them. So I went for the middle ground. Looks quite good.

6 Jan 01, 2008 23:07

Thank sam2kb for this one.

7 Jan 02, 2008 00:01

Sam2kb: thank you!

And thank afwas for clarifying it a bit for me, as I was too thick to understand it ;)

Form is loading...