Recent Topics

1 Jan 11, 2008 10:45    

A category that existed before upgrading has a category URL name of "c2". When attempting to rename this category I get "The url name is invalid."

EDIT: dunno if this is really a bug or not. I'm not trying to re-use an existing URL name is the thing that makes me think it's a bug.

2 Jan 11, 2008 15:28

I had this.

1. I allowed moving categories in Backoffice

2. I moved a category to another blog

3. I can now move the Category in the blog's hierarchy, but use the default and hit "Update" (or what is it) Gives an "The url name is invalid." error.[/list:o]

4. a) After moving the Category: http://www.blog.hemminga.net/B2evoforum/Blog_settings_Categories.png Now hit the Update: b) After hitting Update http://www.blog.hemminga.net/B2evoforum/Blog_settings_Categories2.png I don't think it 's an error but it is an unthoughtful program flow.

3 Jan 11, 2008 21:22

hmmm...

I have not dug into the code so I'm guessing, but when b2evolution tries to update the category it sees that the "URL name" is already in the categories table and therefore rejects the update. The problem of course is that URL name will remain unique after updating the category name, so there really is no issue.

In the database I changed "unique" to "index" and was able to update a category name change, and still am not allowed to duplicate the URL name. Thus I think this is a workable solution. Which by the way I think I read in here somewhere :)

4 Mar 09, 2008 05:50

I'm using version 2.4.0 and having the same problem about renaming the categories. I've went into the database and changed "unique" to "index" but I'm still having the same error "The url name is invalid". Does anyone have any suggestions?

Update: Well after looking it over numerous times, I decided to change the url name to the category name, instead of the c46, and now I can edit the category name fine with no problems. I gues it didn't like the c##'s :lol:

Hope this is helpful to anyone else who runs across this problem. Oh I did an upgrade by the way an not a fresh install. This is how I noticed it because I did a fresh install and compared the two.

5 Apr 01, 2008 15:33

EdB wrote:

A category that existed before upgrading has a category URL name of "c2". When attempting to rename this category I get "The url name is invalid."

- And I had the same problem. In fact, I liked the old category thing better, since, in this, one was not forced to keep track of which url names were still free for new categories (in several different blogs with several different categories)......

Thanks again for this support forum

Form is loading...