Recent Topics

1 Jan 14, 2008 19:57    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I've tried installing both the beta and the RC1 version of 2.X

I keep getting this 40-50X per page. Every single DB call on the page seems to generate multiples of this same error message.

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/mysite/public_html/stories/blogs/inc/_core/model/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 158

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

TIA,

Morrighu

2 Jan 14, 2008 20:40

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=11031 used to be a sticky-post but was unstickied due to the issue was resolved quite some time ago. You are getting this with v2.3.0-RC1? That's a first as far as I know.

Please visit the links in the thread linked above and let's see if someone can't figure out what to do.

3 Jan 14, 2008 22:48

Well, here's what PHP info has to say about Zend -

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

I had a feeling it was something like this because 2 different versions of b2evo were both doing it. It seemed odd to me that this wouldn't have been fixed in a release. I'm willing to bet it's a Zend bug, not a b2evo bug. I'm not all that fond of Zend myself and tend to run straight PHP on servers I build myself.

This however, is a hosting server, so I didn't get to build it (or it would be working :P) I've asked the hosting company to move me to a server with that supports PHP5 and newer Zend scripting engine. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

I would like to suggest that in the system requirements you put a note about checking the Zend version. Zend Core 2.5 is current. Zend Framework 1.0.3 is current. Zend Optomizer 3.3 is current. Apparently, versions of the optomizer below 2.6.2 are problematic. Zend Engine is now at version 2 in PHP5. People should post a PHP info or request that one be run for them by any prospective hosting company to check the versions of both the engine and the Optomizer before attempting to install b2evo.

I'd add this to the documentation myself along with a downloadable PHP info file, screenshots showing people where to look, etc, but it says that I can't edit the wiki.

TIA,

Morrighu

Form is loading...