Recent Topics

1 Jan 14, 2008 22:33    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hello,

On the demo blog, there is 2 links on the menu "About Blog A - About this system" < http://demo.b2evolution.net/HEAD/blogs/index.php?blog=1 >
When I installed a blog with "sample contents" I have this 2 links and I'm able to edit their content.
How can I display both links on a blog on which I didn't install "sample content". I'm using evopress skin.

2 Jan 14, 2008 22:39

When you post use the "type" dropdown to make it be a "page" instead of a "post", then make sure you have the appropriate widget selected for that container. Sorry, but I don't know off the top of my head what that widget is called.

3 Jan 15, 2008 10:56

I found.
I used the widget "Post list", I setup like this:
- link to block: checked
- order: oldest to newest
- Display: 1

I wrote an article with title "About this blog" I changed the date so the article is the oldest one.

4 Jan 15, 2008 11:13

When you write your entry in expert mode select "Page" from the Type field. This will cause it to be treated different than a post. It will not show up in the normal flow of posts. The name of the widget that shows pages (not posts) is "Page list", though you've found a method that works so it's all good.

I do not know what the post type "Link" does for us. Possibly it is an idea that has not yet grown into a feature?

5 Jan 15, 2008 16:49

THANK YOU very much EdB. Now I understand why we can choose page when editing an article.

Form is loading...