Recent Topics

1 Jan 16, 2008 07:57    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi!

I was given this blog as a gift to help keep the relatives in touch with my daughter- It was set up for me, but now I'm trying to customize it myself.... yikes!

OK- basic questions:

I see "backoffice" in the forums here - but I can't backoffice anywhere on my admin area. What exactly is the backoffice?

I added a linkblog, but now I have no idea how to add links to it! I was trying to read through other posts here, but again I got lost at the "backoffice" and I can't find a template tab?

2 Jan 16, 2008 08:32

The backoffice is the Admin area but is new, I think to the 2+ releases, not the 1+ versions.

Check the Demo here http://demo.b2evolution.net/

The linkblog is just like any others, it has a posting screen.
You could have a title of "Relatives I like" then....
make use of Ordered Lists, <ol><li>add a link</li></ol> or and Unordered list <ul><li>Add a link</li></ul>
Followed by a post of "Relatives I don't like" etc etc

3 Jan 16, 2008 15:15

"admin area" = "back office" = "back end" = "posting area" = all the same stuff: the place where only logged in members of your blog get to see. The side the visiting public gets to see is the "front end" or the "public side".

Basically your login and password are like a back stage pass at a concert. Visitors get to see the show, but that's it. Members get to work behind the scenes to make the show happen.

4 Jan 16, 2008 17:34

sorry- I thought I did click the 2. version -

I just went to the demo (thanks for the link!) and my back office looks nothing like that- am I in the right place? I think I have most of the same things. It's just the template tab missing that I'm stumped over

Form is loading...