Recent Topics

1 Jan 20, 2008 10:21    

This lets each blogger put a license on their blog post. The admin sets some default stuff, then each blogger gets to set their own default stuff, and each time a blogger posts something he/she gets to pick the details at the moment of committing the post.

6 licenses + public domain, Country (National Port), and how to display the license.

It puts rel="license" in the link(s). It puts the human-friendly words in the titles and alt text. It embeds RDF in your source code.

It even supports old licenses (this plugin has been around since 12/04!) Well... it does a pretty good job of supporting old licenses.

It is at http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2008/01/creative-commons-plugin-for-v230rc1

2 Feb 18, 2008 10:35

version 1.10.2

This looks really good. I've installed it and it seems OK except when I post something and add CC

this code goes in

<!-- Creative Commons License NEWSTYLE license:by-nd-nc nation:2.0/uk display:new -->

but when I publish the post nothing appears

am I missing something

3 Feb 18, 2008 13:30

Wrong version of the plugin for your version of b2evolution!

I had a version for 1.8 but someone in the comments said it didn't work with 1.10.2 so I removed the link to the older version of the plugin. You can try it by grabbing [doh! removed] but don't be surprised if it doesn't work ... and let me know if it does! ;)

4 Feb 18, 2008 13:36

Edb - that link goes to Turing test plugin

5 Feb 18, 2008 13:39

Doh! I just thought of that, came back to see if that's what I did, and there you go! Try [[link removed]] instead.

6 Feb 18, 2008 13:43

that goes to a page of ASCII art

7 Feb 18, 2008 14:21

Oh yeah. When I finally bit the bullet and fixed my ability to upload via the back office I didn't bother uploading obsolete stuff. Try again because I just now uploaded that file.

8 Feb 18, 2008 14:53

thanks

I may bite the bullet and go V2 but it's quite daunting when I'm so familiar with the old fella

9 Feb 18, 2008 15:01

Actually you're much better off biting the bullet now. 240RC2 might as well be marked stable, is WAY better than 1.anything, and the 1.* generation ain't coming back.

BTW to all others who might come along: I'm going to pull the link to the old version. It generates improper licenses is why. Back when it was a new plugin it did the right things, but creative commons has both advanced and changed ... as did b2evo ... as did the plugin.

10 Sep 07, 2010 13:25

Hello EdB,

what happend to your Creative Commons plugin? Is it still available somewhere or is it obsolete now? I would like to use it on a not yet ready website with b2evolution 3.3.3.

By the way, your website http://wonderwinds.com/ shows some MySQL errors, if you may want to fix that.

Greetings
GT-Schorsch

11 Sep 07, 2010 17:45

Thanks. I forgot when I did some code tweaking that I have to add a field to a table. Fixed.

Anyway the CC plugin for b2evo is gone and I have not yet migrated it to Quam Plures. It's on my list but first thing has been getting a v0 product out the door. And CC isn't part of that push. It'll be pretty easy to do when it rises to the top of the list. Twitter first, a couple of small ones I've been wanting back second, probably linkedin third, then CC and then whatever else might be laying about.

12 Sep 07, 2010 19:08

Ok, thank you for your answer. I will look forward to it then. I don't care that much when it will be ready for use. I am a quite patient person. :)

Form is loading...