Recent Topics

1 Jan 24, 2008 05:07    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

When a new user clicks on the link in their email to validate their account... the page they are direct to has a alert just above the first post saying. "Your email address has been validated."

Where can I edit this text?

thanks

LE
b2evolution 2.3.0-rc1

2 Jan 24, 2008 05:18

I am not 100% certain this is the one you are looking for, but you can try:

#: ..\..\..\htsrv\login.php:243
msgid "Your email address has been validated."

Good luck

3 Jan 24, 2008 17:20

Hi Lady Ease --

Just a quick tip for future reference ... research good text editors for your platform. (If you're on Mac I'd highly recommend BBEdit or SubEthaEdit -- see the long [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text_editors]List of text editors[/url] on Wikipedia for OS and free and commercial text editors for all platforms....

Any good text editor will be able to do a search across multiple files. So next time you want to figure out where to edit a display string such as "Your email address has been validated" simply do a multifile search across everything in the /blogs folder on your local drive or server... using your Text Editor Du Jour!

kazar

4 Jan 26, 2008 17:02

Thanks Afwas!! :D

kazar... I am new to this... would you mind recommending one of the free editors?

5 Jan 26, 2008 18:39

LadyEase wrote:

kazar... I am new to this... would you mind recommending one of the free editors?

My workstation (99% of the time) is a Mac and I use BBEdit (made by Bare Bones www.barebones.com), which is only for Macs and is probably way beyond your needs unless words like "regexp" turn you on. ;-)

I started using it in 1996 and never bothered with another text editor since then. Bare Bones' registered motto for BBEdit is "it doesn't suck".... which is one of the biggest understatements in history.

Anyhow, the point is I've never had reason to look at any other text editors, particularly for Windows since I'm allergic to Windows. (Not judging anyone here, I'm a firm believer in "each to her own"!)

I've had really good luck lately when trying to determine which software title(s) to spend my time evaluating, by typing in a Google search such as "text editor compare" (type that without the quotes) and you might want to include Mac/Windows/Linux, depending on your platform, in the search field as well. So many people donate so much of their time to post and maintain resources on the Web, it's truly inspiring.

This is how I found b2evolution, by the way ... a couple of folks out there maintain large matrices comparing features of various blogging engines, and I found them via Google search for "blog compare"

so the feature you'll be looking for is "multi-file search" or something like that. Another really useful feature of BBEdit is I can open files off my remote server via ftp connection directly in BBEdit, make my changes, and save the changes directly back to my server. Sure as heck beats having to download a file, edit and send it back just to make a tweak.

kazar

Form is loading...