Recent Topics

1 Jan 24, 2008 19:24    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Can anyone tell me why I am getting the red boxes and error messages in my sidebar? Is there also a way to remove the names - leaving the b2evolution - of course.

http://www.faux.homedesignsense.com/blog

Also - is there a way to spread out the type headline and make it two lines instead of three?

Thanks

2 Jan 24, 2008 19:39

Do you get the same red boxes with either evopress or custom skin? This will prove or dis-prove if your skins/yourskin/ is at fault.

I'd be wondering about a change I made right before it showed up. Installing a plugin or editing a file somewhere yah?

3 Jan 24, 2008 19:44

Re the header text, edit your CSS file and fix the width

#header h1 {
width: 400px;
margin: 0 0 10px 0;
float: left;
}

Re missing tags, sorry I don't know about that one

4 Jan 24, 2008 19:54

It was the Technorati plugin. I disabled it and the boxes are gone. Is there a way to remove the names in the sidebar - leaving the b2evolution link - of course.

5 Jan 24, 2008 20:00

Just edit your Link Blog via the Admin, as you would a normal main blog and delete what links you don't want

6 Jan 24, 2008 20:00

yeah, just delete all the posts in your linkblog except mine or I'll cry like a bitch :|

¥

7 Jan 24, 2008 20:03

Which names do you mean? The names of each sidebar bit like "Archives" and "Linkblog"? If so you will need to poke around your skins/yourskin/ (first) and skins/ (second) folders to find where the text is being made. In the case of "Linkblog" I found it in skins/custom/ like this:

if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem"><h3>'.T_('Linkblog').'</h3>';

Change that to:

if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem">';

and it won't say "Linkblog" anymore.

8 Jan 24, 2008 20:04

Oh if you meant MY name then it can't be done! ;)

They're just posts, like Yabba says. So delete them or deprecate them or simply edit them to be links to things you like.

9 Jan 24, 2008 20:12

Thanks to all! Don't worry your names are in my blogging mind forever. Thanks again.

Form is loading...